Daedric improvement not calculating perk?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Daedric improvement not calculating perk?

User Info: AnimaRequiem

AnimaRequiem
4 weeks ago#1
Question for anyone who can help:

Why is my upgraded (legendary) daedric equipment worse than my upgraded skyforge steel/orcish equipment?

A few things to note: I do have the perk for daedric smithing, and I was wearing smithing gear (+100%) when improving all of the items. My skyforge steel greatsword outclasses my daedric greatsword by about 10 damage, and my orcish armor outclasses the daedric armor by about 15. This seems wrong to me, daedric should be far superior, correct?
Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey.
3DS FC: 0774 4250 2034

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
4 weeks ago#2
Did you upgrade them all at the same time? If not you may have been under the effects of a Fortify Restoration and/or Smithing potion when you were tempering the Skyforge Steel and Orcish gear.

AnimaRequiem
4 weeks ago#3
Thank you for the reply! I actually thought of that, but I don't use potions with this character (part of my rp).

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
4 weeks ago#4
Did you upgrade them all at the same time? I mean, when you thought of upgrading them at the same time, did you do it that way, or...?

AnimaRequiem
4 weeks ago#5
I did not upgrade them at the same time; however, I reloaded an old save and crafted/improved/enchanted the daedric equipment again and it was fime this time. No idea what happened, I suppose it's possible I overlooked something the first time.

Thank you for replying, though!

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
4 weeks ago#6
Alright, everything looks in order then.
If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you have 100 Smithing and Enchanting.
There's a bunch of things you can do to improve your crafting farther (without necessarily interfering with the rp).

The biggest three that would be relevant to your character are...
1) Completing the quest Unfathomable Depths that starts with the female argonian at the riften docks
2) Obtaining the Black Book The Sallow Regent from Solstheim.
3) Finishing, or almost finishing the Solstheim quest Unearthed.

The first will give you +25% tempering strength.
The second will give you three things; +10% effect of enchantments (ie: making a +25% enchant would become a 28% enchant), +10% tempering strength, and +10% final weapon damage.
The third will give +10% enchanting skill (ie: 110 enchanting instead of 100).

These three things should dramatically improve the strength of whatever weapons (or armor) you are using, without utilizing any bugs/glitches/exploits and without going against the spirit of the character, as these things are merely quest rewards and magical enhancements you receive from them, and everything I've said involves no use of potions (or the alchemy skill).

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
4 weeks ago#7
Sometimes when you equip a smithing enchanted item to boost it they dont actually register even though you are wearing it. You must always check in the effects menu that all the smithing enchantments are present and correct before tempering stuff.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

AnimaRequiem
4 weeks ago#8
redtide1962 posted...
Alright, everything looks in order then.
If I'm not mistaken, it looks like you have 100 Smithing and Enchanting.
There's a bunch of things you can do to improve your crafting farther (without necessarily interfering with the rp).

The biggest three that would be relevant to your character are...
1) Completing the quest Unfathomable Depths that starts with the female argonian at the riften docks
2) Obtaining the Black Book The Sallow Regent from Solstheim.
3) Finishing, or almost finishing the Solstheim quest Unearthed.

The first will give you +25% tempering strength.
The second will give you three things; +10% effect of enchantments (ie: making a +25% enchant would become a 28% enchant), +10% tempering strength, and +10% final weapon damage.
The third will give +10% enchanting skill (ie: 110 enchanting instead of 100).

These three things should dramatically improve the strength of whatever weapons (or armor) you are using, without utilizing any bugs/glitches/exploits and without going against the spirit of the character, as these things are merely quest rewards and magical enhancements you receive from them, and everything I've said involves no use of potions (or the alchemy skill).

Thanks! I did Unfathomable depths, but I thought the boost only applied to dwarven armor and how quickly your smithing skill increases. I'll be sure to look into the other two, although I'm not sure I'm quite ready with this character to tackle Dukaan at White Ridge Barrow.

Olld-Onne posted...
Sometimes when you equip a smithing enchanted item to boost it they dont actually register even though you are wearing it. You must always check in the effects menu that all the smithing enchantments are present and correct before tempering stuff.

I did not know about that bug! Thanks, I'm wondering if that's what happened.

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
4 weeks ago#9
AnimaRequiem posted...

Thanks! I did Unfathomable depths, but I thought the boost only applied to dwarven armor and how quickly your smithing skill increases. I'll be sure to look into the other two, although I'm not sure I'm quite ready with this character to tackle Dukaan at White Ridge Barrow.

Bethesda tried to fix this. They really did. Now it gives the armor bonus to everything except dwarven armor... 😁
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Daedric improvement not calculating perk?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived