Starting over tips?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
1 month ago#11
You only need to be blood-kin to sell to the orc.
There are a few bugs with him as well, but re-entering/reloading usually fixes it if he's giving you any trouble (and you know you're blood-kin).

The orcs won't stop you from going into the mine if you aren't blood-kin and they will only comment differently while you're there, but in order to get a hefty amount of gold (at this point in the game, or possibly any point in the game), you need to get the dialogue option from the orc outside by being blood-kin.

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 month ago#12
redtide1962 posted...
You only need to be blood-kin to sell to the orc.
There are a few bugs with him as well, but re-entering/reloading usually fixes it if he's giving you any trouble (and you know you're blood-kin).

The orcs won't stop you from going into the mine if you aren't blood-kin and they will only comment differently while you're there, but in order to get a hefty amount of gold (at this point in the game, or possibly any point in the game), you need to get the dialogue option from the orc outside by being blood-kin.

Cool, at the very least getting the first daedra heart is easy xD.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: DeleriumJ

DeleriumJ
1 month ago#13
Just my opinion...I have never had problems with money in this game. Yes, I occasionally hit up the merchant chests at markarth and dawnstar, but only once or twice when I'm first starting, to build up some coin, nab some expensive enchantments for disenchanting, and stock up on a few soul gems. Those things are sooo expensive at first. Yeah, it is kind of cheating, but it isn't considered stealing in game, and it isn't a game breaker if you do it in moderation, like I said.
I like to pick a guild and play it through till I'm leader before I get deep into the main quest. Companions is the quickest and easiest, since it's right there in Whiterun and you get so many powerful trainers as followers, but the mage college and thieves guild gets you some really cool gear.
So, right off the bat I'll nab that treasure map off the bandits before you get to the Guardian stones, then pick a stone on the way to killing that which with the free cabin. If you don't know about it, it's super useful; it's got both alchemy and enchanting stations, and plenty of safe containers. Then I get Faendal, and we go find the golden claw for what's his name at the riverwood trader. That way you have lots of friends in Riverwood who will just give you lots of stuff to help you along in the beginning. Then I head for Whiterun, kill the dragon, become Thane, then do the Jurgen Windcaller horn quest for the greybeards so I can get all three fus ro dahs and whirlwind sprint. Then it's companions time, or off to Winterhold or Riften for the other guilds.
Around this time, if you have Dawnguard, the vampires should start getting really annoying, so I knock out some of those quests, at least up to getting Serena. She's a badass follower, one of the best if not the best.
Speaking of badass followers, I also like to help Cicero when his cart is broken down next to that dude's farm. If you like to sneak, he'll be your best friend later on.
That's my favorite way to start.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
4 weeks ago#14
DeleriumJ posted...
Just my opinion...I have never had problems with money in this game. Yes, I occasionally hit up the merchant chests at markarth and dawnstar, but only once or twice when I'm first starting, to build up some coin, nab some expensive enchantments for disenchanting, and stock up on a few soul gems. Those things are sooo expensive at first. Yeah, it is kind of cheating, but it isn't considered stealing in game, and it isn't a game breaker if you do it in moderation, like I said.
I like to pick a guild and play it through till I'm leader before I get deep into the main quest. Companions is the quickest and easiest, since it's right there in Whiterun and you get so many powerful trainers as followers, but the mage college and thieves guild gets you some really cool gear.
So, right off the bat I'll nab that treasure map off the bandits before you get to the Guardian stones, then pick a stone on the way to killing that which with the free cabin. If you don't know about it, it's super useful; it's got both alchemy and enchanting stations, and plenty of safe containers. Then I get Faendal, and we go find the golden claw for what's his name at the riverwood trader. That way you have lots of friends in Riverwood who will just give you lots of stuff to help you along in the beginning. Then I head for Whiterun, kill the dragon, become Thane, then do the Jurgen Windcaller horn quest for the greybeards so I can get all three fus ro dahs and whirlwind sprint. Then it's companions time, or off to Winterhold or Riften for the other guilds.
Around this time, if you have Dawnguard, the vampires should start getting really annoying, so I knock out some of those quests, at least up to getting Serena. She's a badass follower, one of the best if not the best.
Speaking of badass followers, I also like to help Cicero when his cart is broken down next to that dude's farm. If you like to sneak, he'll be your best friend later on.
That's my favorite way to start.

Risaad and Akhari would like to differ, evidently peeing on the hidden chest is not enough to stop them being robbed in Skyrim and it always worked in Elsweyr lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived