Predictions for es6

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Redstar587

Redstar587
4 months ago#1
What do you think will be in the next game, and more importantly, what do you want to be in the game
the opposite of fear is not courage, but stupidity

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
4 months ago#2
Hammerfell and Orsinium.
Malacath DLC in the Ash Pit.

Redguard-Thalmor conflict

Oh and Sword Singers.

User Info: SuperMas180

SuperMas180
4 months ago#3
I hope that Elsweyr is the province, as they could use an Arabian Nights sort of aesthetic. I think that would be really cool and very unique compared to the prior games.
3ds Friend Code: 2406 6230 4998

mandalore2385
4 months ago#4
SuperMas180 posted...
I hope that Elsweyr is the province, as they could use an Arabian Nights sort of aesthetic. I think that would be really cool and very unique compared to the prior games.

If they do Elsweyr then they will mess up the Kajhiit sub-races. Hammerfell is more like the Arabian Peninsula anyway. Elsweyr is more like the Savannahs and Jungles of Africa.

User Info: F1areaGaman

F1areaGaman
4 months ago#5
isn't it hinted to be Valenwood?
3DS FC: 4656-7003-5457

mandalore2385
4 months ago#6
F1areaGaman posted...
isn't it hinted to be Valenwood?

Rumored more like. Valenwood is like Elsweyr in that done correctly, it would be amazing. They both have very interesting lore and with the Kajhiit and Bosmer's history would best be done in a game that includes both of the provinces. I'm just afraid that Bethesda will ruin the walking tree cities of Valenwood and the 16 sub-races of the Kajhiit.

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
4 months ago#7
I think Bethesda goofed on Valenwood and Elsweyr. They changed Kajhit between Daggerfall, Morrowind, and Oblivion and instead of just saying that these were different interpretations, or just saying that they changed there minds, they came up with Kajhit sub races idea, which would be a pain to fully implement in the Elder Scrolls style gameplay (and it makes no sense that exactly one sub race appears in each game with zero exceptions).
For Valenwood they came up with the idea of giant migratory trees with entire cities in them. Again, a cool idea that would be a pain to implement.

I would absolutely love to see a game in either or both provinces. I just don't expect it. I predict it'll either be the Summerset Isles or a revisit to one or more of the areas from Daggerfall. Those choices would be easier and safer for mainstream appeal.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
4 months ago#8
Going beyond location predictions:

I expect spellmaking to come back, but in a different form than previous games (it'll probably be more interesting, but also more limited).

I expect to see shouts and dragons in limited and mechanically different forms.

But what I hope for is a story that's about a gifted individual rising to the occasion rather than a foretold chosen one fulfilling their destiny.

I also want complex storylines for guilds as well as sizeable and interesting multi-part quests that aren't part of any guilds or major factions. Put an epic quest story in there just for its own sake.

Finally, I want guild progression to be tied to your actual abilities rather than story completion. Either make it so I legitimately cannot contribute to a guild's story with low skills, or let the story be less tied to the progression. I don't want to be an archmage who sucks at magic, is what I'm saying.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: BreakevenCloud

BreakevenCloud
4 months ago#9
I just want Dark Brotherhood to be more like Oblivion, where you got to kill people in creative ways.
Caveat emptor

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
4 months ago#10
Ramza1 posted...
Going beyond location predictions:

I expect spellmaking to come back, but in a different form than previous games (it'll probably be more interesting, but also more limited).

I expect to see shouts and dragons in limited and mechanically different forms.

But what I hope for is a story that's about a gifted individual rising to the occasion rather than a foretold chosen one fulfilling their destiny.

I also want complex storylines for guilds as well as sizeable and interesting multi-part quests that aren't part of any guilds or major factions. Put an epic quest story in there just for its own sake.

Finally, I want guild progression to be tied to your actual abilities rather than story completion. Either make it so I legitimately cannot contribute to a guild's story with low skills, or let the story be less tied to the progression. I don't want to be an archmage who sucks at magic, is what I'm saying.

I dont think shouts will be back, they will come up with some other weird powers that are activated some other way I would think. All Skyrim Archmages suck at magic, those novice conjurers can do everything in just robes while your Archmage is quaffing potions or utilising a million reduction enchantments just to keep up lol.

BreakevenCloud posted...
I just want Dark Brotherhood to be more like Oblivion, where you got to kill people in creative ways.

With a bit of experimenting you kind of can kill them in weird ways.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived