I've never played an Elder Scrolls game. Is it too late to play Skyrim?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game. Is it too late to play Skyrim?

User Info: Vindris_SNH

Vindris_SNH
1 month ago#1
I have a solid gaming PC. Is this best on PC? Is there a version I should go with? I'm thinking I might want to finally give this game a try.
glitteringfairy: Just build the damn wall
ThyCorndog: and how exactly will that stop the mexican space program from orbital dropping illegal immigrants?

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
1 month ago#2
If you have a capable PC, then definitely get it for PC. As for versions, AFAIK there are more mods for the Legendary Edition but my info is about a year old so the modding community may have caught up by now. Ask around on the PC board for more up to date info regarding versions, mods, etc.

User Info: Teddybearsolid

Teddybearsolid
1 month ago#3
Nope. Definitely play it.
3DS Friend Code: 1908 - 1584 - 4791
"I tried to warn you, foul villain. The hand cannot be denied." --Owain

User Info: MasterAdeptAlex

MasterAdeptAlex
1 month ago#4
Might as well, ES6 doesn't seem to be anywhere near the horizon. There is plenty of time to enjoy Skyrim now. I wouldn't expect ES6 anytime soon.
"A bit of advice. Try using knives next time, works better for close encounters." Leon Resident Evil 4

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 month ago#5
Go for it! The game is still great and it doesn't have kind of multiplayer so it will be just as good. Though, be prepared for a not very interesting start. Once you get past it it will be pretty great. Your first character will likely be a little messed up since you will be learning. You don't need to master the skill trees you use so pick and choose the skill perks you find are really good instead of wasting perks on useless stuff.

Try to not overlevel non fighting skills, just because you can doesn't mean you should. This can cause problems with your defense and offense. The only one you should overlevel is smithing because it boosts your power and defense(and even then you should keep the rest up to date).

Stealth, Alchemy, Smithing, Enchanting and Archery can be incredibly handy to have and most of them only need a few skill perks to be good(don't level up the first perk of sneak further, it's overkill). Archery you mainly only need the 5 levels of the first perk for it to be good for sneak. The crafting skills are all amazing, probably the best skills in the game once mastered.

Once you can disenchant a two weapons with soul trap and absorb stamina put the soul trap on a dagger in your offhand and stamina absorb on your main wep at the lowest magnitud(if you are using double weps) or wait till you can raise your your enchanting to max to put both in your main wep and use a shield. You will thank me later.

Try to not duplicate your skills(having one handed and two handed or heavy armor and light armor is a waste).

Speech, Pickpocket and Lockpicking are kinda useless(though, some perks of Speech and Pickpocket can be handy/fun).

Illusion needs almost complete mastery of their tree if you want to use it's spells consistently but it does have some very powerful effects. Alteration have a lot of utility and a very powerful offensive effect(and very good perks), Restoration is in most builds and Conjuration is good for the extra damage and and having decoys you can summon at will.

If you only pick the most important perks of the tree you can make very varied characters without needing a ridiculous level(for example, my current character uses restoration, alteration, alchemy, Enchanting, Archery, Sneak, Heavy Armor, Smithing, One Handed(dual wield) and the level it needs to complete the build is level 60. Would love to squeeze in some perks of speech and pickpocket though just for fun, in particular the one that raises the carry weight. Though, I would need 9 levels which is a pain to raise once you are that high.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: WsdmGrnleaf

WsdmGrnleaf
1 month ago#6
Out of curiosity, why would it ever be too late? The game hasnt changed. Its actually been improved over time. I recently picked it back up after playing shadow of mordor and beating it in two days. It was a fun game but the replay value is crap and i dont feel like running around killing orcs and doing the same stuff over and over. But with skyrim, you can play for hours and still be immersed/ interested. I have never beat an ES game 100% but since as someone said ready, Es VI is nowhere in the horizon, there is plenty in Skyrim to keep you occupied. Easily one of the best games ive played and ive played a lot of good ones, Witcher series, Dark souls, Shadow, Far Cry, etc...

User Info: Teddybearsolid

Teddybearsolid
1 month ago#7
WsdmGrnleaf posted...
Out of curiosity, why would it ever be too late? The game hasnt changed. Its actually been improved over time. I recently picked it back up after playing shadow of mordor and beating it in two days. It was a fun game but the replay value is crap and i dont feel like running around killing orcs and doing the same stuff over and over. But with skyrim, you can play for hours and still be immersed/ interested. I have never beat an ES game 100% but since as someone said ready, Es VI is nowhere in the horizon, there is plenty in Skyrim to keep you occupied. Easily one of the best games ive played and ive played a lot of good ones, Witcher series, Dark souls, Shadow, Far Cry, etc...

This.
3DS Friend Code: 1908 - 1584 - 4791
"I tried to warn you, foul villain. The hand cannot be denied." --Owain
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game. Is it too late to play Skyrim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived