Which shouts are considered best?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Which shouts are considered best?

User Info: DeleriumJ

DeleriumJ
3 weeks ago#21
Dragon aspect is really cool looking. Sometimes I do it in the middle of a long crawl, just for morale purposes

User Info: Painted

Painted
3 weeks ago#22
My personal favorite is Soul Tear. You learn it from my favorite dragon, it has a cool name, and deals some good damage. This is usually my equipped shout.
I am the type of person who would call you at 3:00 A.M. to tell you I farted.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#23
Painted posted...
My personal favorite is Soul Tear. You learn it from my favorite dragon, it has a cool name, and deals some good damage. This is usually my equipped shout.

Even in towns?, surely it is a bit risky although better than accidental Storm Call so I cant really say anything lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
3 weeks ago#24
Olld-Onne posted...
Painted posted...

Even in towns?, surely it is a bit risky although better than accidental Storm Call so I cant really say anything lol.

Not a shout but I once took a murder charge for killing Alva in Morthal with Vampire Bane. Random Vampire encounter hit right as I arrived into town and I like Vampire Bane for the safety of using it around friendlies... Oops. Didn't consider Alva would try to stop the other vamps.

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#25
mandalore2385 posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
Painted posted...

Not a shout but I once took a murder charge for killing Alva in Morthal with Vampire Bane. Random Vampire encounter hit right as I arrived into town and I like Vampire Bane for the safety of using it around friendlies... Oops. Didn't consider Alva would try to stop the other vamps.

It's like she knows she is not cutting it with Morvarth lol. I have seen her attack vampires as well and usually make sure she survives the quest at the end just to add more insult I guess. If she behaves of course.

DeleriumJ
3 weeks ago#26
Adrianne avenici...is that her name? Ulfberth's wife, the blacksmith in Whiterun. She got reduced to a pile of ashes by a vampire when I procrastinated on Dawnguard just a little too long. She took one look at that master vampire with lightning in his hand, hiked up that brown dress, pulled out her mace, and charged. I couldn't make it down the path from Belethor's shop in time. I dropped a bottle of mead in her ashes, an eternal reminder (along with a half-naked vampire) just a few feet from Ulfberth's front door.
A few days later, while unloading some cheap enchanted gear, I sheepishly asked him who was doing the smithing these days. He coldly replied that, since the death of his wife, he is forced to buy his stock from outside sources. I noticed, on the wall behind him, the steel shield mounted on display with a lone steel sword. A lone steel sword where before, I could have sworn there were two.
...Perhaps Ulfberth is sadder about his wife's murder than he would readily admit.

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#27
DeleriumJ posted...
Adrianne avenici...is that her name? Ulfberth's wife, the blacksmith in Whiterun. She got reduced to a pile of ashes by a vampire when I procrastinated on Dawnguard just a little too long. She took one look at that master vampire with lightning in his hand, hiked up that brown dress, pulled out her mace, and charged. I couldn't make it down the path from Belethor's shop in time. I dropped a bottle of mead in her ashes, an eternal reminder (along with a half-naked vampire) just a few feet from Ulfberth's front door.
A few days later, while unloading some cheap enchanted gear, I sheepishly asked him who was doing the smithing these days. He coldly replied that, since the death of his wife, he is forced to buy his stock from outside sources. I noticed, on the wall behind him, the steel shield mounted on display with a lone steel sword. A lone steel sword where before, I could have sworn there were two.
...Perhaps Ulfberth is sadder about his wife's murder than he would readily admit.

The worst part is one of the last things you probably heard just before her demise was "Doooo Cooome Baaaaack" from Belethor.

I always stand at the gate if I ever enter Whiterun at night just incase. (although on occasion the Master Vampire has waited for me to leave lol).
The real culprit is usually the enchanting table in Dragonsreach. Everyone fast travels to use it and by the time they have got to the gate a Master Vampire has just gone through a couple of denizens like some olympic sport. That is what happens when you skimp on the upgrades to Breezehome Balgruuf or who ever commissions things in Whiterun, probably a Volkihar Vampire builder or something.

Vampire Builder: No need for an enchanting table they can go to Dragonsreach for that.

Assistant: It is not a bit far from the residence?.

Vampire Builder: THAT is the point...ahem.., and stop bothering me in the daytime I only work at night. How many times must I tell you.

Assistant: Does not look like you are getting much sleep your eyes are all orangey-red.

Vampire: That is because you keep interrupting me in the daytime when I sleep in my Coff..................Coffee,.......Coffee.

DeleriumJ
3 weeks ago#28
Not to mention that quack what's her face, the alchemist in Whiterun, diagnosing every single pale face in the hold with the Rattles.
It's a conspiracy, man. Whiterun IS the blood farm. Harkon won!

Olld-Onne
3 weeks ago#29
Arcadia, she is just not very Queensberry rules is she. I had to rescue the cow from kidnappers because I brought that single potion to her so I could take her ingredients for free in her very face. It was along time ago and I forgot who she was when the mission popped up. When I got there I saw her and thought immediately * who has got the rattles now then hey *.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Which shouts are considered best?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived