• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Joe_Bob_The_Man

Joe_Bob_The_Man
11 months ago#1
I have the garlic, Nordic barnacle, and one (1) salmon roe. I tried the item super glitch, and it is unreliable at best. I can’t Shout them, magic them, and am too slow to catch them. What can I do ?
Keep your mind in the here and now. Be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the moment.

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
11 months ago#2
Sparks work as well. Other than that, practice fishing and should get timing and placement down.
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

User Info: Guide

Guide
11 months ago#3
Shoot em with arrows. Makes you real good at aiming, incidentally.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
11 months ago#4
If you have a Hearthfire house, grow Scaly Pholiata, Creep Cluster and Mora Tapinella.
Combine those 3 respawnable ingredients over and over until you've maxed out Alchemy.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
11 months ago#5
jumping fish cannot be taken with the Fus shout, though there are other shouts/powers that work: Animal Allegiance and Kine's Peace are two. jumping fish can also be taken with some illusion spells. fireball spells and staffs also work (you can get a nice staff and an alchemy boosting mask and a fun fight from the dragon priest Krosis)

some but not all swimming fish can be taken with the Fus shout; some swimming fish can also be taken with offensive spells like ice storm. you can also stand in the falls and catch fish like a bear (with the "pick-up" button not the "swing/block" buttons) but you get more roe from exploding/shouting them

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
11 months ago#6
What the hell kind of educational TV have you seen.
Back in my day by the time one was 15 you’d have seen at least 3 nature shows featuring a Bear fishing in a river. So of course you get in that river and snap up the jumping Salmon, 🐻 style.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Divided_By_One

Divided_By_One
11 months ago#7
I don't need many of them at once, so I like to crouch by the stream and catch them as they jump.

Like a bear.

If bears aimed where they expected fish to jump and spammed the A button.
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
11 months ago#8
This topic made me realize one thing missing from Skyrim, for the sake of immersion of course.
We need a mod that adds a t least 3 or 5 bears at every River, because offhand I can only recall 2 riverside bears in the game, perhaps a few more in a couple of quest caves.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
11 months ago#9
I think if you put salmon row in the fish hatchery, then all the salmon that spawn in it will have the roe even if they don't jump. I think you have to kill them first, but ice storm makes that super easy.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!

User Info: Guide

Guide
11 months ago#10
Divided_By_One posted...
I don't need many of them at once, so I like to crouch by the stream and catch them as they jump.

Like a bear.

If bears aimed where they expected fish to jump and spammed the A button.

Weird how bears are actually better at something without thumbs than we are with tool assistance.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU
  • Topic Archived