Kashing in at Karthwasten

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Kashing in at Karthwasten

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
5 months ago#1
first time you go there you'll see the locals having a dispute with some silver-blood mercenaries over control of the mines. you can work for one side or the other and pick up a cool 1000 (or more) orrrrrr work both sides against the middle and double your cash.

not sure it matters who you approach first, but this time I told the mercs i'd convince the townies to sell out, then persuaded the townies to sell out, then told the head townie I could handle the mercs for them, then told the mercs i'd handled the townies, got my cash and kilt the head merc, then went to back to the head townie (Ainethach) and told him i'd handled the mercs and got paid by him

and then I went AFK to get some coffee in real life, and when I came back I found a pile of dead mercs near my character, evidently dispatched by my trusty side-kick Uthgerd, and heard the townies lamenting Ainethach's passing (while I was AFK apparently the dead merc boss's lackeys came out of the mine and attacked me and I was defended by Uthgerd and Ainethach). aaaaaaannnnnddd then (you guessed it) a courier arrived with condolences from the Jarl and another 100s as my inheritance from my dearly departed friend Ainethach

and I hadn't even gone after all their silver ore yet (Ka-ching!)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#2
So your character is a trainee daedra lord then.

Ka-ching will be the name and all the riches will be his claim.

All those that seek his fame will find their pockets empty with no one to blame.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

sconekiller
5 months ago#3
decided to see if I still got the inheritance if I kilt Aine myself and I did. appears you have to kill him without witnesses or you won't get the inheritance; so at night I crept inside Karthwasten Hall where Ainethach sleeps and murdered him, and as soon as I stepped outside I was met by the courier! ("Sorry for your loss..."). if you don't want to be directly involved in his death you should conclude the negotiations late at night and that way the miners won't be around to defend him when the mercenaries come to avenge their boss (this last time I did it during the day and he and his townies tore up the mercs)

as an additional bonus there are 5 silver ingots in K-hall, 5 more in Enmon's home and three silver ores; so you can pick up 15 or so ingots there without doing any mining (after you grab the ingots and ores by the two smelters). mining nets another 10

the quest payout is levelled (600-1200), as are the odds of convincing Ainethach to sell out. intimidating him is a little easier than persuasion, but then you might lose out on the 100s inheritance.

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#4
Maybe check if ritual stoning and offing him a second time brings another inheritance letter lol. Never tried this before.

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
5 months ago#5
Olld-Onne posted...
Maybe check if ritual stoning and offing him a second time brings another inheritance letter lol. Never tried this before.

According to Mason from the Skyrimblog/TamrielVault, this is what happens when a friended Dead Thrall dies. It probably is the same with the Ritual Stone.

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#6
mandalore2385 posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

According to Mason from the Skyrimblog/TamrielVault, this is what happens when a friended Dead Thrall dies. It probably is the same with the Ritual Stone.

Could it be done consecutively with the Atherium Crown I wonder, the game will probably crash eventually though if it did work, too many couriers.

sconekiller
5 months ago#7
hit the trifecta this time: after I did the double-cross I was waiting for the rest of the mercs to dispatch Ainethach, and waiting, and "wait"ing; when finally a dragon appeared and took out him and two of the miners (no sign of the mercs this time). shortly after dispatching the dragon the courier dutifully appears with three letters of inheritance (oh, and sorry for your loss/gain)

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#8
sconekiller posted...
hit the trifecta this time: after I did the double-cross I was waiting for the rest of the mercs to dispatch Ainethach, and waiting, and "wait"ing; when finally a dragon appeared and took out him and two of the miners (no sign of the mercs this time). shortly after dispatching the dragon the courier dutifully appears with three letters of inheritance (oh, and sorry for your loss/gain)

Your suppose to be defeating Alduin, not replacing him lol.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Kashing in at Karthwasten

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived