This game loses its luster after multiple playthroughs

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. This game loses its luster after multiple playthroughs

User Info: babyeatermax

babyeatermax
5 months ago#11
The Phial is bugged too
This guy

User Info: BlackChocoboSox

BlackChocoboSox
5 months ago#12
Yeah. It kind a does. I like character depth more then exploring 100 randomly generated caves.
PSN: S1lentSt0rmx.
Pawn: Kali - lvl 50 warrior.

User Info: NoctustheOwl

NoctustheOwl
5 months ago#13
better characters are always better. i miss the enforced Classes of TES 3 and 4. making my own class was cool too. my class was usually called Cavalier, because a cavalier wasnt exactly a knight, nor infantry. sometimes they rode with the knights, sometimes dismounted to fight alongside the infantry, so the skills i chose as major skills were Restoration, so my character wouldnt need to go to a healer, heavy armor(in oblivion, Medium in Morrowind), a weapon i prefered at the time, and armorer.

Bethesda could have kept the class system going, by making the "Major skills" get a boost to how fast they leveled up, and all the other skills would have lvled at a "normal" pace. this would have helped with some people's replayability on skyrim.

personally, the only dungeons that actually felt different from each other were the specific bandit hideouts (White River Watch, Valthiem Towers, etc) and the Dwemer ruins. with the dewmer ruins, at least, they felt like they were built to appear different from each other, even if we never get to see the FULL extent of most of said ruins.
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#14
NoctustheOwl posted...
better characters are always better. i miss the enforced Classes of TES 3 and 4. making my own class was cool too. my class was usually called Cavalier, because a cavalier wasnt exactly a knight, nor infantry. sometimes they rode with the knights, sometimes dismounted to fight alongside the infantry, so the skills i chose as major skills were Restoration, so my character wouldnt need to go to a healer, heavy armor(in oblivion, Medium in Morrowind), a weapon i prefered at the time, and armorer.

Bethesda could have kept the class system going, by making the "Major skills" get a boost to how fast they leveled up, and all the other skills would have lvled at a "normal" pace. this would have helped with some people's replayability on skyrim.

personally, the only dungeons that actually felt different from each other were the specific bandit hideouts (White River Watch, Valthiem Towers, etc) and the Dwemer ruins. with the dewmer ruins, at least, they felt like they were built to appear different from each other, even if we never get to see the FULL extent of most of said ruins.

So Destruction, Restoration, Heavy Armor, Light Armor, Speech and Alchemy would be everyones major skills lol.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: NoctustheOwl

NoctustheOwl
5 months ago#15
heavy OR light armor, but yes. BUT, you would then have to think of a class name. not everyone would think up the same class name.
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#16
How about "These are the same skills I picked on the last toon", of course it wont fit lol. It's just some skills take a bit too long to level in skyrim and some level too fast, the longer ones will inevitably be focused on because of this.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: calibek

calibek
5 months ago#17
NoctustheOwl posted...

Funny you mention TES: 4. I just started playing it the other day (bought it 6 years ago and JUST opened it) and I can honestly say THANK GOD they changed systems and skills to what they did in Skyrim.

User Info: EpicMickeyDrew

EpicMickeyDrew
5 months ago#18
@sobergermanguy posted...
First time I played Skyrim I had no way of knowing the rewards for most of my dungeon diving and exploring would be a few gold and some petty soul gems. I get what the TC is saying, I don't even bother to explore locations or do most side quests because it's just not worth it. Forbidden Legends or the White Phial quest are great examples of some things people do on their first playthrough not knowing any better. You get sent all over Skyrim and your reward is 500 gold and a mediocre item lol.

If you're playing for the rewards rather than the experience, you're playing it wrong. If you treat the white phial quest as a chore of course you aren't going to enjoy it. If you treat the quest as if you're helping an old man fulfil his dying wish,it's going to be a lot more enjoyable. Side quests and exploring locations are some of the most fun things in Skyrim, and you're forgoing them because the reward isn't good enough? At a certain point you have more gold than you know what to do with, so what does it matter.
Just how, pray tell, does your dick "take life"? How could a dick take a life? - XciteMe

User Info: sobergermanguy

sobergermanguy
5 months ago#19
EpicMickeyDrew posted...
sobergermanguy posted...
First time I played Skyrim I had no way of knowing the rewards for most of my dungeon diving and exploring would be a few gold and some petty soul gems. I get what the TC is saying, I don't even bother to explore locations or do most side quests because it's just not worth it. Forbidden Legends or the White Phial quest are great examples of some things people do on their first playthrough not knowing any better. You get sent all over Skyrim and your reward is 500 gold and a mediocre item lol.

If you're playing for the rewards rather than the experience, you're playing it wrong. If you treat the white phial quest as a chore of course you aren't going to enjoy it. If you treat the quest as if you're helping an old man fulfil his dying wish,it's going to be a lot more enjoyable. Side quests and exploring locations are some of the most fun things in Skyrim, and you're forgoing them because the reward isn't good enough? At a certain point you have more gold than you know what to do with, so what does it matter.

Well, the experience isn't that great. If I cared about the experience I'd play The Witcher 3 or Persona 5. There are no choices or real role-playing decisions, the story is bare bones, combat is garbage, graphics aren't that great. Exploration is pretty much the only reason to play Beth games now, and I lose incentive to explore when I know the rewards are garbage.
You choc-blocked me, bro

User Info: calibek

calibek
5 months ago#20
sobergermanguy posted...
EpicMickeyDrew posted...
sobergermanguy posted...

Well, the experience isn't that great. If I cared about the experience I'd play The Witcher 3 or Persona 5. There are no choices or real role-playing decisions, the story is bare bones, combat is garbage, graphics aren't that great. Exploration is pretty much the only reason to play Beth games now, and I lose incentive to explore when I know the rewards are garbage.

That's more of an opinion. I found Witcher 3 to be lackluster in all honesty. I found the experience of Skyrim to be MUCH MORE satisfying in what it offers, which is freedom.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. This game loses its luster after multiple playthroughs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived