Skyrim appeal

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: mooreandrew58

mooreandrew58
5 months ago#11
Guide posted...
There's a shout for that. And a perk, specific to archery. Using both at once nearly freezes time.

I never used shouts much. and well the one in fallout I think if you had gained enough points in that perk you could use it multiple times in a day, and back to back. so pro con thing there. in fallout you could do it back to back but only so many times within a day. skyrim you have to wait for cool down. the archery one only applied to one weapon type so eh. I liked using what I said in fallout to punch things to death despite my character not being a strength based character. also if I ran out of that perk there was the drug turbo. did the same thing you just ran the risk of addiction. which could easily be cured for a small fee at a doctor

edit: with the shout did you still move at normal speed? cause what I was talking about it basically it made you seem like a speedster in comparison to everyone else.
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: Guide

Guide
5 months ago#12
You're slowed down a bit, while the world is slowed down at a far more drastic rate, 90% for the maxed shout. I forget how much the user slows down, though.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU

mooreandrew58
5 months ago#13
Guide posted...
You're slowed down a bit, while the world is slowed down at a far more drastic rate, 90% for the maxed shout. I forget how much the user slows down, though.

ah yeah. I'm pretty sure you didn't slow down at all in new vegas. kinda bummed me out they took that away in 4. you get something similar from the drug jet but you slow down dramatically as well. only thing that doesn't slow down is your aiming speed it seems. still useful for dodging melee attacks though as you have more time to think and react upon seeing it coming. probably why they didn't re use what I talked about. it was kinda OP as far as I recall
Cid- "looks like that overgrown lobster just got served!" Bartz-"with cheese biscuts AND mashed potatoes!"

User Info: NoctustheOwl

NoctustheOwl
5 months ago#14
personally, i prefer TES over Fallout. if only because its easier(even with Ultimate editions) to max out your skills/stats. call me weird, but i like to actually KNOW i can max out my stats, and/or skills without having to rely and being choosey with my skill points. Yes, i will say that New Vegas makes it's glory by having to pick and choose, while Skyrim lets you increase in power infinitely.

im also prejudiced due to Fallout 3. i havent even beat the main story for skyrim, even though i've owned a copy for 1-2 years. while with fallout 3, i accidently beat the story in... half a day.

going to the TC's question. my opinion is that Skyrim is popular because the medieval Fantasy theme is popular at the moment. next year the next big thing might be racing, or zombies(again...).
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.

mooreandrew58
5 months ago#15
NoctustheOwl posted...
personally, i prefer TES over Fallout. if only because its easier(even with Ultimate editions) to max out your skills/stats. call me weird, but i like to actually KNOW i can max out my stats, and/or skills without having to rely and being choosey with my skill points. Yes, i will say that New Vegas makes it's glory by having to pick and choose, while Skyrim lets you increase in power infinitely.

im also prejudiced due to Fallout 3. i havent even beat the main story for skyrim, even though i've owned a copy for 1-2 years. while with fallout 3, i accidently beat the story in... half a day.

going to the TC's question. my opinion is that Skyrim is popular because the medieval Fantasy theme is popular at the moment. next year the next big thing might be racing, or zombies(again...).

you can max out in fallout 4 I think. i've been told you can level up indefinitely and that you can obtain all perks.

NoctustheOwl
5 months ago#16
thats cool, but i dont have any machines that can play #4. not for another year anyways. so, while i thank you for the info, XD not helpful right now.
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.

User Info: JOExHIGASHI

JOExHIGASHI
5 months ago#17
I like building characters

Even without mods I haven't finished playing every build I ever wanted after 3 years of playing
Puzzle and Dragons: 338 705 421

User Info: Ic3Bullet

Ic3Bullet
5 months ago#18
NoctustheOwl posted...

Sounds like you might enjoy Divinity Original Sin 2. I haven’t played it, but i’ve heard nothing but great things about it. You can change your character specs any time you want to, so you never get stuck in a place where you regret spending your skill points early in the game when you didn’t know what you were doing. But it’s a turn-based RPG instead of action.

NoctustheOwl
5 months ago#19
Ic3Bullet posted...
NoctustheOwl posted...

Sounds like you might enjoy Divinity Original Sin 2. I haven’t played it, but i’ve heard nothing but great things about it. You can change your character specs any time you want to, so you never get stuck in a place where you regret spending your skill points early in the game when you didn’t know what you were doing. But it’s a turn-based RPG instead of action.

i'll put it in my wishlist. turnbased is awesome. action games can have quite a bit of strategy, but mostly planning for character dev and enemies. i prefer turnbased style tactics planning, as appossed to on the fly action strategy. there is a difference. i've played the Disgaea series for example.

User Info: Ic3Bullet

Ic3Bullet
5 months ago#20
@NoctustheOwl here's the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL7_U7oWJzk

My god I have to buy this now.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived