Grand Staff of Charming

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Grand Staff of Charming

User Info: Sesamux

Sesamux
6 months ago#1
I am playing the French version of Skyrim on Xbox360 because I am learning the language.

I have the grand staff of charming stuck in my inventory so I remembered I needed to go and see Onmund about it from my multiple plays on the English version. So I go through the quest but Ethnir won't take the staff from me.

When I go to the map to see my next location it is directing me to The Lover Stone near Markarth.

I can't drop the item and just want to finish the quest! Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Séamus

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
6 months ago#2
UESP lists two possibilities. The first says Enthir won't even talk about the staff if you're on the Staff of Magnus part of the College questline. The other states that in unpatched games the Staff can get stuck if you found it before taking the quest, but with a workaround. The workaround is to equip the Staff, then activate a Weapon Rack. That should bring up a quest marker to retrieve the Staff and update the quest normally.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

User Info: Sesamux

Sesamux
5 months ago#3
DuneMan posted...
UESP lists two possibilities. The first says Enthir won't even talk about the staff if you're on the Staff of Magnus part of the College questline. The other states that in unpatched games the Staff can get stuck if you found it before taking the quest, but with a workaround. The workaround is to equip the Staff, then activate a Weapon Rack. That should bring up a quest marker to retrieve the Staff and update the quest normally.

Thank you for that! The weapon rack at Breeze Home doesn't work and I have only tried one other at Dragonsreach that won't work either. I will have to find a working weapon rack before I go any further!

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#4
If you have not done Cidnha Mine quest it will remove the staff temporarily. Dont have it on favorites though as this can make it reappear.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Grand Staff of Charming

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived