What are some things you wished Bethesda would have added/changed in Skyrim?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What are some things you wished Bethesda would have added/changed in Skyrim?

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#21
There is a reason it is called Haelgas Bunkhouse. Please enter date of birth to proceed further.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: NoctustheOwl

NoctustheOwl
5 months ago#22
Spears of course. thank you TC, im finally not the only one.

they also should have made far more crossbow options. basic and dwarven? what happened to the Iron Crossbow from Morrowind? and a Dragonbone Crossbow would have looked bloody awesome.

i wish they had left the Acrobatics skill, just changed its name to Mountaineering or something. would have made running around a hilly and mountainous Skyrim much easier.

and as i said in the similar topic, to not gimp Desctruction, they should have added a way to Create-a-magic. who wouldnt want a fireball with high knockback and more damage then the Master tier spells. or a "cone" spell that can actually damage a Legendary Dragon.

personally, making enemies/allies have rediculously LOW max lvls was dumb as well. we can get to lvl 200+. sure, legendary dragons can still be a pain, but bandit camps become easy as pie and reachmen camps slighty harder then that. Then you have the allies who die in 2 hits at the start of a big fight...

yes, i like to rant a bit... only about games i like though. :p
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#23
They incorporated acrobatics into the horses so you would buy them for a 1000 gold a piece every time they commited suicide.

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
5 months ago#24
I miss spell making, and wish we had more spell varieties like in Morrowind or Oblivion.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

User Info: NoctustheOwl

NoctustheOwl
5 months ago#25
more spell varieties to kill the old woman in Riften with. :P
Will remove this when japanese game developers stop treating western gamers as test subjects for their games.

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#26
Spell making would have been brilliant in Skyrim if a little limited but at least you could cast the spells with reduction cost gear. Half the spells I made in Oblivion ironically cost too much or took the entire mana pool for one shot.

User Info: FreeMan5407

FreeMan5407
5 months ago#27
Skeletal_King posted...
Game Breaking (via Morrowind) - I've never played Morrowind but I did hear of an issue that if an NPC that the game saw as vital to a quest, the game could not be beaten. You have no idea how badly I wanted to kill Maven for being such a scum bag. (more on that later)

Yeah, uh that is EXACTLY why they got rid of this little "feature". It was not a good system.

You weren't around for this, but during Morrowind's hayday people b****ed ENDLESSLY on the official forums because they saw some kewl NPC with kewl armor, killed them for said "kewl armor", ignored the warning and WHOOPS LOL CAN'T COMPLETE MQ OR SIDEQUESTS. There were DOZENS of those topics a day.

And it wouldn't have worked in Skyrim because of radiant AI. Can you imagine how f***ing annoying or terrible it would be to be halted in the MQ or a sidequest because one of the quest givers/enders was killed by a random Dragon/Vampire/etc attack?

This can be solve by allowing the player to be able to kill important NPC (player only), radiant quest on the other hand could be a optional thing or respawn random npc after a certain time
Bethesda: lets make fun on our horrible idea of horse armor back then, as we simultaneously released the workshop DLC and creation club with 5$ overprice armor

User Info: sobergermanguy

sobergermanguy
5 months ago#28
What's this obsession with spears? What would they even add to the game? And I could have sworn they added spears with the Dragonborn DLC but they sucked so bad no one cared
You choc-blocked me, bro

User Info: _mordi

_mordi
5 months ago#29
Companion and horse that shows up on world map.
How to become immortal:
Read this signature tomorrow and follow it's advice

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
5 months ago#30
sobergermanguy posted...
And I could have sworn they added spears with the Dragonborn DLC

No, no... Those were Riekling Spears, which the player shoots from a bow like regular arrows. They have a strange trajectory compared to other types of arrows, but you cannot use them for melee attacks, or throw them manually.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What are some things you wished Bethesda would have added/changed in Skyrim?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived