Need advice on getting Daedric Artifacts (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Need advice on getting Daedric Artifacts (spoilers)

User Info: squallken1

squallken1
5 months ago#1
I'm doing this solely for the achievement and want to go about it in a way that suits me, because you have to do some nasty things to get these items. I have three of them already and have concerns about how to get the rest.

(Note: I'm playing on the PS4 and wonder if the bugs are still there)

Most of them I'm cool about getting but there are some that I have questions on :

Ebony Blade: Thanks to some one on the forums, I just have to find a Res Staff and a Farmer in the middle of nowhere. But before that I need to actually start the main quest, otherwise the Jarl won't mention it.

(Edit: found out this method does not work on the PS4 version. That sucks but oh well.)

Ebony Mail: Do Merc's still respawn after a while when should they get killed? Either way, which Merc is the most disliked because thats going to be the one.

(Funny story: years ago playing this game I did not like the idea of killing some hapless NPC, so I said no and ended up killing everybody at Boethiah's Shrine out of spite, only to get his/her attention and having to kill someone anyway. Can only imagine the back and forth between the player character and Boethiah.) ... anyway moving on.

Savior's Hide and Ring of Hircine: Is it still possible to get both of these items? I am willing to go threw the trouble of getting them because I don't want to get...

Ring of Namira: This is the one item I do not want.

The rest aren't that much of an issue for me and can get them a okay. I don't know what it is, but this game just gets under everyones skin when it comes to morality.

User Info: JOExHIGASHI

JOExHIGASHI
5 months ago#2
Mercenaries don't respawn. I guess the guy in Windhelm is most disliked since nobody talks about him.

You can get both Savior's hide and ring. Kill hunters>get ring from hircine>then turn around and kill sinding to get hide
Puzzle and Dragons: 338 705 421

User Info: Typhon

Typhon
5 months ago#3
You don't need to kill anyone to get the Ebony blade. You only have to kill to charge it, and you don't need to charge it for the achievement.

For Boethiah I usually sacrifice whichever follower I picked up in Riverwood - Sven or Faendal. If you want to use a hireling, I suggest Stenvar from Windhelm or Vorstag from Markarth.

You can get both from Hircine, I did it last night with all dlc installed.

User Info: squallken1

squallken1
5 months ago#4
JOExHIGASHI posted...
Mercenaries don't respawn. I guess the guy in Windhelm is most disliked since nobody talks about him.

You can get both Savior's hide and ring. Kill hunters>get ring from hircine>then turn around and kill sinding to get hide

Typhon posted...
You don't need to kill anyone to get the Ebony blade. You only have to kill to charge it, and you don't need to charge it for the achievement.

For Boethiah I usually sacrifice whichever follower I picked up in Riverwood - Sven or Faendal. If you want to use a hireling, I suggest Stenvar from Windhelm or Vorstag from Markarth.

You can get both from Hircine, I did it last night with all dlc installed.

Yeah I got the ring and the armor. Killed the hunters first, ran out, Werewolf ended up following me out, but was able to kill him before he got too far. Thought I screwed up there for a bit.... or did I? Again I got the ring and armor.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#5
Use J'Zhago for the sacrifice it is only right, or better if you do get the ring of Namira use Eola as she thoroughly deserve it.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: Dragonslayer67

Dragonslayer67
5 months ago#6
Get the ring of namira then kill all the caninbles and and ditch the ring in some random ravine so u never see it again
Why is it that your problem is that there is no problem so you have to create one with me. why?? Why do you do this??
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Need advice on getting Daedric Artifacts (spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived