What is the worst Daedric Artifact? (Spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What is the worst Daedric Artifact? (Spoilers)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#11
And the Ebony Blade is not even Boethiahs, I always mix her/him up with Mephala (facepalming in the corner).
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
5 months ago#12
It's easy to do. Ebony Blade and Ebony Mail, not to be confused with the generic Ebony stuff.

Kind of a shame though since visually the Ebony Blade works for builds that use either Orcish Armor or Blades Armor for that Eastern/Akaviri flair.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#13
I do it all the time though, so not so good. Partly because I forget Mephala exist to be honest half the time and just assume the sword is for the backstabby Boethiah. If Mephala was real she would really hate me as not acknowledging there existence is one of the worst things to do to a Daedric Prince which is why my holy character does it all the time to the lot.

DuneMan
5 months ago#14
The easy way to remember is that Boethiah is hoping to backstab you by having the poisonous spray from the Ebony Mail aggro everyone around you.

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#15
I have only ever got the mail once, Boethiah cannot be trusted even amongst Daedra Princes who all should not be trusted. The very mission dictates your own fate that will arise and only my not so bright nord caved in due to being a scaredy pants lol. Most just kill the cultists and leave her to lament on if they are ever coming back. The answer is no Boethiah.

DuneMan
5 months ago#16
Try casting a Frenzy or two on the Cultists and then walk away when they're all dead. In lore though that would probably prompt a tsundere response from Boethiah.

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#17
I always kill the cultist to spite her so frenzy not needed, as long as they are killed she will talk as if you did it even if you have not as my Dragon luring Merchant found out. If you talk to Boethiah she will make them kill each other, they are all mad anyway.

Also the one that runs up to you does not set a good example either. No other Daedra outright tries to kill you to start their mission. Hard to believe she is part of the new/old Tribunal the Dumner are in trouble I think.

User Info: redtide1962

redtide1962
5 months ago#18
The Skull of Corruption is probably the worst artifact overall artifact for most players.

Many generic staves will have superior performance because they are limited only by the staff energy, while the Skull of Corruption is also limited by its dream counter. At base damage it is only 20 points of non-elemental damage that does not bypass the difficulty penalty (like the Wabbajack does, which deals 50 non-elemental damage with its elemental attacks, making it approximately 4 times stronger than the Skull of Corruption on Legendary difficulty even if it is fully charged with dreams, and most of the time if you are using either weapon regularly it will be 10 times stronger, because it will hit for 5 damage while the Wabbajack hits for 50 after the difficulty penalty).

It does not retain its dreams so although it is possible to stack it up to deal 50 points of AoE damage, it will run out and you will have to spend its staff energy (which is also spent on attacking with it) in order to get some more dreams from people. If you regularly charge the item up, you are still extremely likely to reach the minimum damage after only a couple of fights with it.

All of the daedric artifact weapons are usable for most players at some point in the game and at least have a few uses to them that make them significant. Volendrung has a top-tier absorb stamina enchantment that allows any character to continuously use power attacks without stopping regardless of your character build. The Mace of Molag Bal is probably one of, if not the strongest one-handed weapon available at the start of the game and can be useful against annoying mages/vampires (damage magicka), various monsters with annoying special/power attacks (damage stamina), and has a generous 3-second soul trap along with top-tier base weapon strength. Dawnbreaker is sort of okay and well-liked by many players anyway, and it has a unique effect that is fun to use allowing the player to get some area of effect damage against draugr or vampires of which this game has plenty. While ineffective on harder difficulties, it is potentially supreme for the easier ones since its effect is only a benefit (unless you are a vampire). The Ebony Blade has the most powerful absorb health enchantment that does not require any form of maintenance through recharging with soul gems, and since it never needs to be recharged AND its drain effect damages enemies, it is one of the more powerful weapons in the game at medium levels. At higher levels, if the player isn't min-maxing with crafting skills, it is still likely easier to fight with since you will generally stay topped off in health in combat without ever having to heal, again regardless of your character build. Mehrune's Razor is not only powerful with great base damage and incredibly light (making an excellent off-hand weapon when dual wielding at medium levels), but it can kill legendary dragons on Legendary difficulty (4000+ health, when your character deals about 1/4 of their displayed damage with each hit) in one hit. Even if you are unlucky, it is unlikely to take over 100 hits to activate the instant death, and it is trivial to attack about 1.7-1.8 times per second with it while dual wielding. This weapon is also able to defeat almost every enemy in the game regardless of game difficulty or character stats.

There is one significant advantage to the Skull of Corruption, and that is that its attacks charge up quite fast so you can quickly fire the attack similar to some of the non-patched generic lightning staves. However, it will still effectively deal only 20 damage per shot which is pathetic on every difficulty setting, especially when it requires frequent recharging. If you find that this weapon is effective for you, I would recommend randomly choosing any generic destruction staff (such as a Staff of Ice Storm) and seeing how much more effective even the most basic of staves, spells, or other attacks are in this game.

Olld-Onne
5 months ago#19
redtide1962 posted...
The Skull of Corruption is probably the worst artifact overall artifact for most players.

We are actually discussing which is the worst in terms of it's use and not in terms of it's actual performance, though there is no rule to the proceedings I guess. The Skull of Corruption is better than Namira's Ring anyway. It can still be useful, the ring is obsolete as you start with healing which does the same job really and requires corpses to use. I almost laughed when I saw how rubbish it was.

DuneMan
5 months ago#20
Ring of Namira should offer a 1 hour buff from eating corpses. If the effect was Fortify Health 50 points for 1 hour and +50% Health Regeneration for an hour then it would probably see more use. Five minute buffs are nothing though. They're marginally useful in a dungeon and require you to stop and feed every third room or so to keep the buff running.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What is the worst Daedric Artifact? (Spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived