NPC Run

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Vypernight

Vypernight
3 months ago#21
Okay, I've been thinking of my two options and here's what I have:

1. Alchemist Shack has tanner in Iovrstead to the north and anvil and blacksmith to the south, but no general store nearby, so vendors will be limited. Also, lots of bears and spiders, especially bears in that area, which are tough for a low-level hunter.

2. Anise Cabin has Riverwood blacksmith, tanner, and forge close by, along with general store. Mostly deer, bunnies, and wolves in area, so threats are minimum. Only problem is killing an old witch to get it, and touching anything gets bandits after you.

I'll probably try the first one for a bit and then the second one later. My hunter will want to explore a little so traveling back and forth will be good for him (if he survives).

Oh yeah, I'm almost went with Traitor's post as it's close to Windham. However, there's less wildlife, you have to kill some tough bandits to get it, and i'm not sure if they respawn.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 months ago#22
Traitor's Post respawns, including the chest in the attic.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Vypernight
3 months ago#23
Thanks for the info. I'll stick with the other two then.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#24
Anise's Cabin has very few storage places though. It might be fine at the start but it is not that good if you want to organise thins for more ease. And how can you off that sweet innocent old woman : ).

Places usually only respawn if you spend more than three days away from the cell so as long as your hunter is returning to Traitor's Post every night or other night you should not lose anything you store there and gives you a reason to move around instead of having to watch Anise's corpse float down the river to Riverwood for her final attempt at a weekly shop.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

Vypernight
3 months ago#25
I just realized there are some bedrolls right outside of Riverwood. Unfortunately there’s nowhere nearby to store stuff (I’m not counting thr homes of whoever helped me escape Helgen as I’m trying to make it on my own.

Still, it’s a nice place to get started.

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#26
Vypernight posted...
I just realized there are some bedrolls right outside of Riverwood. Unfortunately there’s nowhere nearby to store stuff (I’m not counting thr homes of whoever helped me escape Helgen as I’m trying to make it on my own.

Still, it’s a nice place to get started.

They are for the guards when they are stationed there after the first dragon fight. It seems that Balgruuf is psychic or is the one that released Alduin from Dragons Reach and made up the whole story about sealing away to cover his tracks which would require a lot of work and time travel.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
3 months ago#27
Olld-Onne posted...
They are for the guards when they are stationed there after the first dragon fight.

They get stationed there after you meet Balgruuf for the first time since the main quest assumes that you ask for help for Riverwood on behalf of Gerdur or Alvor. It's one of the [many] things Proventus Avenicci protests, as he feels that the Jarl of Falkreath will view it as a precursor to an attack.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#28
DuneMan posted...
Olld-Onne posted...
They are for the guards when they are stationed there after the first dragon fight.

They get stationed there after you meet Balgruuf for the first time since the main quest assumes that you ask for help for Riverwood on behalf of Gerdur or Alvor. It's one of the [many] things Proventus Avenicci protests, as he feels that the Jarl of Falkreath will view it as a precursor to an attack.

Most people do not follow the guards after the chat so by the time they realise they are there they have already done in the first dragon. I have followed them a few times though as I like doing weird things mid speech, especially Balgruuf mid speech.

Vypernight
3 months ago#29
Well considering I plan to ignore the quest aftet escaping in the beginning, then using them shouldn’t be a problem.

Any free storage places nearby?

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#30
The barrels near the shops will be safe as long as you are using them constantly. I have used them once or twice before. As long as you do not spend more than three days away from Riverwood they will stay safe. I have used them before on early characters.

Who ever you escape with in Helgen will allow you to use their houses as storage as they recognise you as a friend without having to further the story. Any dressers or Wardrobes will be safe storage unlike the barrels three day limit. Even if the item turns red in the Cupboard it will not be considered stealing if you take it back out and will not have a stolen tag on it either.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived