• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. did i break alchemy for good?

User Info: DeathDeathSong

DeathDeathSong
1 year ago#1
so while resto-looping to level i think i went too high and looped back around to potions being crap

i had used one fortify restoration potion with like a six or seven digit percentage, make x4 alchemy gear with 31% boost to alchemy on all of them, then started doing some other stuff

eventually i went back and after making the alchemy skill legendary i went back to resto-loop some more potions....except now theyre all crap

any attempt at a fortify restoration potion i make comes out as a 4% boost to restoration. plus all that gear i made? still 4%. trying to stack some perks to make it stronger? nope, still 4%

so im wondering, did i completely f*** myself and break alchemy for good? cause uh at this point im only able to level it by going to trainers, and the problem with that is that im level 98 in this file so leveling it up only five times every level is killing me, and if everythings stuck at the lowest level of alchemy then theres not much point to it anymore anyway

im barely at like level 36 or so with my alchemy, and i already read all the books with the scholars insight thingy so.......yeah. am i completely screwed or is there like any way to salvage this?
And I sang death, death, devil devil devil devil, evil evil evil evil songs!
Let me tell you about Homestuck http://i.imgur.com/LEhO27N.gif

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
1 year ago#2
Probably, since if you go to high i guess it does some crazy negative s***.

Make some salmon roe+nord barnacle+garlic potions. 1300+ at level 15 skill so will get you to mid20s with like 6 made.

Not sure what skill level it needs to be at to start the loop
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

DeathDeathSong
1 year ago#3
Katsuro posted...
Make some salmon roe+nord barnacle+garlic potions. 1300+ at level 15 skill so will get you to mid20s with like 6 made.

thats another thing i made, but i ran out of salmon roe, and so far none of the rivers have respawned any more jumping salmon

User Info: Wiaru

Wiaru
1 year ago#4
If I remember correctly, there were no limits back when the game was first released.

After it became known it was so easily exploited, they patched it and put a ceiling on it.

I bet you somehow found a way around the ceiling and the math got funky and untested.

No idea how to fix it. I try to have about 10-20 saves that I can safely roll back to an earlier time without losing too many hours of gameplay.
END TRANSMISSION

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
1 year ago#5
You're screwed unless you load a save prior to when you got greedy with the absurd potions.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

User Info: josifrees

josifrees
1 year ago#6
This is why you restoloop enchant a ring of alchemy so you only need to restoloop once
Quit Crying

User Info: josifrees

josifrees
1 year ago#7
Also all you really have to do is go collect a ton of ingredients and raise it high enough to do the loop. If you don’t have any perks to use, legendary an easy to level tree with perks so you can restoloop again.

Also you are going to legendary a tree faster by making broken smithing gear, sharpening some blades and selling them. I forget what the value cap for level 100 speech is but it’s easy to achieve and all you have to do is sell an item, legendary, rinse repeat. Don’t even have to put alchemy in danger
Quit Crying

User Info: NeroDantes

NeroDantes
1 year ago#8
Maybe it was a fail safe to punish exploiters by Bethesda. Ive never gone as far as 4 digits.
-I used to be excited about DLC's like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee-
PSN: NeroARIDANTES

DeathDeathSong
1 year ago#9
Wiaru posted...
After it became known it was so easily exploited, they patched it and put a ceiling on it.

what patch specifically was this, do you know? because i dont actually think i have the latest patch because its been a million years since ive had a working ethernet cable for my 360

User Info: Guide

Guide
1 year ago#10
NeroDantes posted...
Maybe it was a fail safe to punish exploiters by Bethesda. Ive never gone as far as 4 digits.

Doubt it. Sounds like integer overflow, and also the exploit is well past the point of arbitrarily large stat boosts before it even hits four digits.
[ S p e e d b o o s t ]
https://youtu.be/Acn5IptKWQU
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. did i break alchemy for good?
  • Topic Archived