• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Skuldafn Secret Black Tower

User Info: Europa

Europa
1 year ago#1
Well, it's hard to explain, but I was told it's be a good Idea to throw this out there. Everyone I know never heard of it before, and I haven't seen anything online about it. I'm going to share my interesting experience here.

I'm sure it's no secret that skuldafn is off map. But where? When maybe? Only the designers know. I was dropped off at skuldafn by Mr. Snow hunter, and I decided I'm not going forward. I'll go back. I turn to the mountain behind me, start climbing. 30 mins later or so I make it up. Over the mountain is a beautiful valley of snow, going up mountains, splitting off into 3 directions. I went right, I make my way after a little while I make to what I call "the nihil" or the sea of nothing.

I decide to venture onward. Recreating my feeling of "I wonder" that we all got when we first play the game. Now believe it or not, I've done every quest, acquired every item, and seen just about everything. Including every random event, even have a prediction chart. Everything from Ma'iq to flying horses. And fish. Flying fish.

There was an Npc with no name out here, a dragon frozen in time. Random shapes and lights, (code I'm assuming) and, a giant black tower. Off in the distance. I came to realize that skuldafn was an island, in a vast sea of nihil. It took me quite a bit of time to get there. But I made it. It was the most intense thing I've ever seen in this game.

This "sea of nihil" is my elder scrolls Narnia. I find new s*** even 5 years later since my first visit. My little sister convinced me to share my story. I hope you all like it. I urge you all to share your unique stories, I garentee that I if no one else will read them.

Europa
1 year ago#2
By the way, nihil is latin for nothing.

Europa
1 year ago#3
Also, you can still use your map at skuldafn. If you pull it up, my black tower is about where bleakwind basin giant camp is. If you make it out of skulldafn, you can use you map to head that way. Eventually you'll make it there. Trust me, you can't miss it.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 year ago#4
One chicken to rule them all.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
1 year ago#5
What the hell are you talking about?!?
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

Olld-Onne
1 year ago#6
A joke, reference to lord of the rings. He does mention a giant black tower. Instead of sauron it is the riverwood chickens tower.

I have only gone to Skuldafn once so I will be checking this out in the future.

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
1 year ago#7
Olld-Onne posted...
A joke, reference to lord of the rings. He does mention a giant black tower. Instead of sauron it is the riverwood chickens tower.

I thought you could only get there once, unless you start a new game.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

Olld-Onne
1 year ago#8
SusanGreenEyes posted...
Olld-Onne posted...

I thought you could only get there once, unless you start a new game.

That's what I meant, the character that went cannot go back. I have others though.

User Info: 0UT0FTH3G4M3R

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
1 year ago#9
So glad i saw this topic! Thanks for posting it Europa! I tried it and made a few short clips.

Approaching the black tower and the first dragon in the sea of nihil:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/OUT0FTHEGAMER/video/37633687

(P.S. i am using many mods, so the dragon and my character's appearance are strange.)

Getting right up to the black tower... i eventually got the dragon down to zero health, but it won't die until it flies all the way back to Skuldafn. I did not record that 15 minute process.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/OUT0FTHEGAMER/video/37633721

Lastly, i have strange castles in the sea of nihil, in my game because of mods. One almost completely submerged (near the black tower) and one in the sky (south of Falkreath). And while approaching the castle in the sky, I saw something strange in the clouds... another dragon. This time you can see him jet back to Skuldafn after getting beaten:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/OUT0FTHEGAMER/video/37633788

Note: the 2 csstles are in exactly the same part of the map as 2 modded castles i have in my game (castle valdmire and castle orlok) and for some odd reason their coding extends into the dimension of the sea of nihil.
The petty squabbles of lesser men and the common rabble are of no greater concern to my grand design.

Europa
1 year ago#10
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
So glad i saw this topic! Thanks for posting it Europa! I tried it and made a few short clips.

Approaching the black tower and the first dragon in the sea of nihil:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/OUT0FTHEGAMER/video/37633687

(P.S. i am using many mods, so the dragon and my character's appearance are strange.)

Getting right up to the black tower... i eventually got the dragon down to zero health, but it won't die until it flies all the way back to Skuldafn. I did not record that 15 minute process.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/OUT0FTHEGAMER/video/37633721

Lastly, i have strange castles in the sea of nihil, in my game because of mods. One almost completely submerged (near the black tower) and one in the sky (south of Falkreath). And while approaching the castle in the sky, I saw something strange in the clouds... another dragon. This time you can see him jet back to Skuldafn after getting beaten:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/OUT0FTHEGAMER/video/37633788

Note: the 2 csstles are in exactly the same part of the map as 2 modded castles i have in my game (castle valdmire and castle orlok) and for some odd reason their coding extends into the dimension of the sea of nihil.

I'm just glad someone knows what I'm talking about. I've spent countless hours exploring this place. It is possible to even go out of sight of your map. That was scary. I honestly wondered if anyone else has ever seen the tower before. I was worried it's existence would never get out there. My hope, this topic blows up and maybe a Bethesda team member sees it. I'd really like to know their thoughts on the matter. Of course they might decide to patch It for me. I still play on 360. I would be absolutely devastated. I guess it's a good thing skyrim was made by Bethesda and not the dark souls team. Still though, the feeling of exploring something like this is a must for any elder scrolls player.
Remember Blue team!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Skuldafn Secret Black Tower
  • Topic Archived