Need help to build my house

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Need help to build my house

User Info: azelfafage

azelfafage
1 year ago#1
Hello there,

I have questions about building houses (lakeview manor)

1- Should i let my steward furnish my house or do it my self? I there a difference?

2- Can i refurnish my house if i dont like the current furnishings?

3- I know i can choose only one add-ons for each sides.
I really want to build enhancement tower to West side but it is the same side with bedroom. I was wondering if i build enhancement tower instead of bedroom, will my family and steward fit the house? (i am planning to have 1 wife 2 children and 1 steward) What do you suggest? Is it okay without bedroom?

4- Can i rebuild an add-on room? Like removing bedroom and build brand new enhancement tower.

Thank you for your time..

User Info: ThurmanThomas34

ThurmanThomas34
1 year ago#2
1. Letting your steward do it saves you the effort, but I'm pretty sure it costs more and takes a lot longer.

2. There's no way to delete stuff you build without loading your save without Hearthfire installed, saving, then reinstalling Hearthfire and starting from scratch.

3. Yes.

4. Pretty sure this is the same answer as number 2.

User Info: Divided_By_One

Divided_By_One
1 year ago#3
1. Letting them do it costs money and prevents you from controlling exactly which things get (or don't get) built. Doing it yourself costs resources and can occasionally be glitchy (it might ask you to make something you already have), but allows you to chose not to build certain things (I like to leave out the main dining table, as it is gets in the way, and one of the things in the entryway, a barrel, I think, as it overlaps with another item), and gets you smithing experience. It also lets you make your enchanting/alchemy tables asap, as opposed to waiting for them to get around to it (which could be much easier; the tables do not require mere wood and iron). It also makes you feel like you've built the whole dang place. I recommend doing it yourself, at least until you've done it once, but I often let them furnish most of my house for me these days.

You have to do your basement yourself.

2. No, once it is built, it is built. I recommend saving before you build and checking each thing to see if you like it. You can't do that if you make them do it.

3. You can build an enchanting table in the main hall, and a family doesn't need a bedroom, so I recommend a greenhouse. If there are more people than beds, the extras just don't sleep. Make sure to build the beds (and dressers) for your kids before trying to adopt (or before moving them to this place if they are already adopted) because that can be glitchy if you there's no space for them. But, as long as the beds (and dressers) are made, it's fine.

4. Again, sadly, no. Once it's built, it is built. Once any part is built, that's what that extension is.
"He who knows does not speak. He who speaks does not know." -Lao Tzu

User Info: azelfafage

azelfafage
1 year ago#4
Divided_By_One posted...
1. Letting them do it costs money and prevents you from controlling exactly which things get (or don't get) built. Doing it yourself costs resources and can occasionally be glitchy (it might ask you to make something you already have), but allows you to chose not to build certain things (I like to leave out the main dining table, as it is gets in the way, and one of the things in the entryway, a barrel, I think, as it overlaps with another item), and gets you smithing experience. It also lets you make your enchanting/alchemy tables asap, as opposed to waiting for them to get around to it (which could be much easier; the tables do not require mere wood and iron). It also makes you feel like you've built the whole dang place. I recommend doing it yourself, at least until you've done it once, but I often let them furnish most of my house for me these days.

You have to do your basement yourself.

2. No, once it is built, it is built. I recommend saving before you build and checking each thing to see if you like it. You can't do that if you make them do it.

3. You can build an enchanting table in the main hall, and a family doesn't need a bedroom, so I recommend a greenhouse. If there are more people than beds, the extras just don't sleep. Make sure to build the beds (and dressers) for your kids before trying to adopt (or before moving them to this place if they are already adopted) because that can be glitchy if you there's no space for them. But, as long as the beds (and dressers) are made, it's fine.

4. Again, sadly, no. Once it's built, it is built. Once any part is built, that's what that extension is.

you have saved me from a lot of trouble.
i wasn't know that i can place enhancement tables to main hall. i'll built greenhouse than. bedroom seems luxury for space i have. and i will furnish it myself.
My skyrim experience is turning to the sims lol :)

thank you for your time both of you.

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
1 year ago#5
The best family home from the HF trio is Lakeview. So i'd build the wrap around deck for the best family home in the game.
Don't make the mistake i made by building a tower. However be aware there is a build order to make sure you don't get bar(s) that cut off the wrap around deck.

Also there are some things you can manipulate based on what you build when, which can impact some things in the house. Such as the clutter on the kid's dresser in the main house not being there at all (great if you want room to display things) or the small display case from the small house being shifted to where a chest would be, IF you were to convert the entryway prior to building that chest.

The greenhouse is best at the swamp home with the fishery or the middle one.

The only real benefit of having an enchanter's tower are the extra weapon rack and killer mannequin.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
1 year ago#6
The one thing I havent seen mentioned, is if you have the bedrooms upstairs with a wife and even a single child, the steward will not have a place to sleep (though heard they may sleep in a chair)

My personal preference is the Enchanting room (double dawnbreakers with the Rueful axe in the center of the 3 slot rack), Library (so the kids will grow up smarter than 99% of the idiots in Skyrim lol) and either the Alchemy Tower or Trophy Room, depending on the character

Always build yourself. As likely mentioned, it is cheaper and what you build should be instantly available. I would not exit the main house (as in dont go outside, cellar, etc) as in my experience the thing crafted will not actually build and resources wasted.

My advice: Always make a separate save before you build if you do not know what it will look like. This way you can just load up and not have to uninstall/reinstall Hearthfire
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Need help to build my house

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived