Are people seriously still playing this on the 360?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Are people seriously still playing this on the 360?

User Info: 0UT0FTH3G4M3R

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
1 year ago#11
NemesisOgreKing posted...
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
Jack Talk Thai posted...
Ghostfeet posted...
I still play on 360 as that is the console I have. Mods would be delightful, but I've got higher priorities in life beyond the latest gaming system.

This. Plus, I get nothing from shy-bragging about a newer console I just got.

Shy-bragging? I never heard of that, but i will give it a try.

So, 2 years ago i met this girl and hit it off really well. 2 months later she asks me what i want for my birthday, i say "an xbox one". My 360 was getting old and i had to slap the top of it 3 or 4 times to make the disk tray come out.

So she buys it and says "that was expensive! You better play it!!" On the outside, i say "oh, i will", but on the inside, i say "are you f-ing kidding me?!? I am going to play this so much that it will cause you to be enraged with jealousy and feeling of neglect... hell, it will probably be the cause of our break-up!". Somehow she's still with me now, even tho she hates my xbox one.

Did i do it right?

WTF is this s***, somebody lasso their alt.

OnTopic: Yes, though I do own Skyrim SE and an XOS. However I like to play my 250hr-ish 100%(well as 100% as you can get with a Elderscrolls game) save from time to time.

"Lasso their alt"?? "Shy-bragging"?? Is this snapchat or twitter? Or is it still gamefaqs?
The petty squabbles of lesser men and the common rabble are of no greater concern to my grand design.

User Info: ssn560

ssn560
1 year ago#12
Vanilla Skyrim is not so bad, but when you compare it to the amount of stuff the mod community adds to this game, then it is bad because you notice how it falls to the modding community to clean up their mess.
GT: LoudxCheetah

User Info: DMCdriver

DMCdriver
1 year ago#13
Hell, I'm STILL playing on my first (and only) character.
When watching the world burn, it's generally a good idea to NOT stand in the middle of the goddamn fire.

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
1 year ago#14
I am because i had it in my backlog for some time.
When i get a X1X i'll get it on there too.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
1 year ago#15
DMCdriver posted...

Wow... just wow! How is that possible? Have you only had the game for a short time, and only get to play once a week?
The petty squabbles of lesser men and the common rabble are of no greater concern to my grand design.

User Info: DMCdriver

DMCdriver
1 year ago#16
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
DMCdriver posted...

Wow... just wow! How is that possible? Have you only had the game for a short time, and only get to play once a week?

Got it on launch day, played the hell out of it, got a couple of corrupted save files, forcing me to re-play dozens of lost hours and quests.
But I haven't have much time to play it over the past couple of years, an IRL main quest to earn gold (aka work) has curtailed my visits to the Land That Belongs to the Nords.
When watching the world burn, it's generally a good idea to NOT stand in the middle of the goddamn fire.

User Info: mandalore2385

mandalore2385
1 year ago#17
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
IamI3rian posted...
Sweety, I played for over 80 hours ((on a ps3) without even patching the game).

When I finally had reliable internet access I played it continuously (on an SD TV albeit a giant one planted in my face).

After a few thousand hours I became a resource for the game, It was better to save people from glitches, help them do crazy things, do my own crazy things, and have fun in the process.

My time with this game was on a PS3.

Skillshots, cabbage basketball, the actual game, Mageruns, No smithing runs as a melee, one element runs, specific builds (like the bound bowman), challenges (like killing Krosis at level 1), straight play throughs, ONLY "NOT YOU" (meaning summons, friendlies, allies, etc...), "NEVER smith your dagger" runs... I'm at a loss for words...

Your "repairs" seem to only destroy the game, make it "ok" for one playthough (entirely based on your criteria) then you're done with it.

I've played this game almost as many times as LoZ (NES). That alone places it into a legends category.

How about.. just this time, you back yourself up with a critique? Maybe? No?

Just me then?

I did all those things (and way more) on the xbox 360 version. Over 30 RPs, including one where i used only an un-enchanted staff to bash enemies. And now i have the xbox1 version and it is almost like a whole new game.

Lolz. I seriously doubt that you have done "all of that and more" than @IamI3rian. Half of what passes for common knowledge on the Gamefaqs Skyrim boards was first posted by I3rian. Just how many fixes have you discovered for game- or quest-breaking glitches? I3rian was the Skyrim Tech Support if you didn't have access to the console/ck to magic away all of the glitches inherent in Vanilla Skyrim. I also doubt that you killed Krosis at lv1, without using Beast or Vampire Lord Form, but that's just me...

Also, welcome back I3rian!

User Info: Katsuro

Katsuro
1 year ago#18
Are there some mods that would make my experience in Skyrim better? Sure, but at this stage not spending that kind of cash for an elven village, roadside posts or some extra foliage.

To answer future Qs, no most mods do not interest me
Creating a Bandit Kings of Ancient China themed MMO

User Info: huerito323

huerito323
1 year ago#19
Katsuro posted...
Are there some mods that would make my experience in Skyrim better? Sure, but at this stage not spending that kind of cash for an elven village, roadside posts or some extra foliage.

To answer future Qs, no most mods do not interest me

Lol dude there's way more to it than that, you obviously have no idea. And what do you mean "that kind of cash"? Xbox One is pretty cheap now and days.

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
1 year ago#20
mandalore2385 posted...
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
IamI3rian posted...
Sweety, I played for over 80 hours ((on a ps3) without even patching the game).

When I finally had reliable internet access I played it continuously (on an SD TV albeit a giant one planted in my face).

After a few thousand hours I became a resource for the game, It was better to save people from glitches, help them do crazy things, do my own crazy things, and have fun in the process.

My time with this game was on a PS3.

Skillshots, cabbage basketball, the actual game, Mageruns, No smithing runs as a melee, one element runs, specific builds (like the bound bowman), challenges (like killing Krosis at level 1), straight play throughs, ONLY "NOT YOU" (meaning summons, friendlies, allies, etc...), "NEVER smith your dagger" runs... I'm at a loss for words...

Your "repairs" seem to only destroy the game, make it "ok" for one playthough (entirely based on your criteria) then you're done with it.

I've played this game almost as many times as LoZ (NES). That alone places it into a legends category.

How about.. just this time, you back yourself up with a critique? Maybe? No?

Just me then?

I did all those things (and way more) on the xbox 360 version. Over 30 RPs, including one where i used only an un-enchanted staff to bash enemies. And now i have the xbox1 version and it is almost like a whole new game.

Lolz. I seriously doubt that you have done "all of that and more" than @IamI3rian. Half of what passes for common knowledge on the Gamefaqs Skyrim boards was first posted by I3rian. Just how many fixes have you discovered for game- or quest-breaking glitches? I3rian was the Skyrim Tech Support if you didn't have access to the console/ck to magic away all of the glitches inherent in Vanilla Skyrim. I also doubt that you killed Krosis at lv1, without using Beast or Vampire Lord Form, but that's just me...

Also, welcome back I3rian!

Before the SE version came out (hence, before mods), I killed Krosis at level one AND got the dragon elder scroll at level one, then proceeded to do Alfthand backwards. I have also done the Labyrinthian backwards (try to make it even 10% of the way, and you'll see why that is amazing).

I also found 2 variations of the vampire/werewolf hybrid glitch. One of which allows you to use armor and weapons while looking like a werewolf, and having some of the werewolf abilities. Picture below:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/outofthegamer/werewolf_guy.jpg

I also got the ebony blade and ancient shrouded armor at level one. I figured out you can skip half of the main quest by breaking into the Thalmor Embassy at level one. Do you see a pattern developing here? I find glitches, i don't find fixes for glitches. (Hence the snappy user name). I know that if you see something with a weird name (like Rjorn's Drum) in a container, either save before you pick it up, or just leave it there.

90% of the bad glitches in this game can be avoided by just using common sense, its not rocket science. Nothing against 13rian (my name is Brian too) but i have logged more hours in this game than he has; and I've done more stuff in the game.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Are people seriously still playing this on the 360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived