What anti-dragon enchantments do you use on weapons?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What anti-dragon enchantments do you use on weapons?

User Info: John_Dory

John_Dory
1 year ago#1
I've been thinking about enchantments to use on my Dragon Slayer build.

One I saw for a bow was Shock damage + Magicka damage, with the logic being that the dragon's Magicka will be depleted enough to stop it from using breath attacks. However it seems that the dps with a bow won't be enough to counter the dragon's ridiculous Magicka regen.

Another I heard was Frost + Fire damage. This one means that all dragons would be weak to one element or the other. However, it also means that one enchant is useless.

Using a mod to disenchant dragonsbane is another choice, albiet an obvious one.

Has anyone found any other good enchantment combos for fighting dragons?
3DS FC: 1461 - 6910 - 3355 Donny B
MHG | Name: Donny B | Rank: HR7

User Info: Dullahan

Dullahan
1 year ago#2
Okay so this is what I use for a non modded legit playthrough

First you need junk
Amulet
Gloves
Ring
Armor

Put Fortify smith ingredients on these for upgrading gear

Main items (keep in mind I play light armor.)

Helm
Fortify archery 40% bonus damage
Waterbreathing

Armor
Fortify health regeneration rate 31% boost to health regeneration
Fortify light armor for another 25 points in light armor perk

Gloves
Fortify archery 40% bonus damage
Fortify 1 handed for 40% bonus 1 hand damage

Boots
Fortify ice resist for 40% bonus cold resist
Fortify fire resist for 40% bonus fire resist

Shield
Fortify shock resist for 40% bonus lightening resist
Fortify magic resist for 20% bonus magic resist

Ring
Fortify archery for 40% bonus bow damage
Fortify one handed for 40% bonus to 1 handed damage

Amulet
Fortify resist magic 20% bonus to magic resist
Fortify health regeneration 31% bonus to health regeneration rate

Totals

Archery + 120% damage
1 handed +40% damage
Health regeneration +61%
Resistance +80% to all
I am using dragons bane for 1 handed damage.

I WOULD suggest doing all dawn guard quests on the vampire hunters side as the improved crossbow adds more damage AND negates 50% armor normally can have 2 additional enchantments placed on it and shoots faster than a bow.

Furthermore you can also get enchanted bolts making the projectiles stronger than a normal bows.

A simple hybrid build for tank/dps. Can also slaughter makes and vampires rather easily.

I hope this has helped you.

User Info: sconekiller

sconekiller
1 year ago#3
Deplete magicka doesn't even work on mages. Buff archery (bling, perks, potions) and get a little help from your friends: followers, blades, conjures

User Info: Dullahan

Dullahan
1 year ago#4
Eh straight archery boost won'the do it. You need some defence especially if you are up against a legendary or ancient dragon. Unless you can 1 shot them which you really can'take lol.

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
1 year ago#5
its easier to just take the elemental defences perk in block + dragon aspect for 80% each element, 100% as necromage. you shouldnt need more than 5 minutes to kill most things, especially if you also have berserk to help with physical attacks and boost damage. you can also cap magic resistance by collecting all the permanent bonuses for 70% (which is already over the cap for a necromage) another 10% from a blessing added in dragonborn for 80%, and another 10% for sleeping in a coffin as a vampire. combine these with spellbreaker and youll laugh at dragons. or you can just cap spell absorb through one of several easy methods and laugh as they try to hurt you. also, if you dont want dragons recovering their breath attacks and stamina, you can nullify regen temporarily with certain poisons.
every 60 seconds a minute dies! the wind is so violent in skyrim! abducted by aslans
sweetroll disappeared? it was probably 'borrowed' by a catmando who ate it

User Info: Lockeadon

Lockeadon
1 year ago#6
if you want to do as much damage as possible to dragons, do the following; go orc for the damage boost, get dragon aspect as soon as possible, it improves your power attacks, take the relevant perks in various trees to increase your damage and attack speed with weapons and enchantment. make sure to have the appropriate seeker doodad active at all times. upgrade, enchant, and apply potions to boost damage, apply weakness to x poisons to do more damage with the nonphysical side of your attacks, then apply the strongest damage poisons you can make. and dont forget to get as many sneak attacks in as possible before it becomes fully aware of your position
every 60 seconds a minute dies! the wind is so violent in skyrim! abducted by aslans
sweetroll disappeared? it was probably 'borrowed' by a catmando who ate it

User Info: Ramza1

Ramza1
1 year ago#7
I'm not going to give so much detail.

I like to have two weapons, one with Fire+Shock and one with Frost+Shock.

The thing with dragons is that they have very little magicka compared to mages. It may not seem like it because their breath attacks are so big, but they're also super cheap for the dragon to cast, so depleting magicka is possible as long as you can lay down some constant damage.
I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why, but I'm almost certain that you owe me money!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. What anti-dragon enchantments do you use on weapons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived