• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How is the Bound Bow any good?

User Info: TheForeverLost

TheForeverLost
7 years ago#1
Even with all the perks... it's not that great. Specially compred to a self enchanted and upgraded bow... or am I missing something?

Also, I noticed when I add a poison to the Bounded Bow it lasts for more then one shot. Is that normal or is it a glitch?

User Info: robd42

robd42
7 years ago#2
On the poisons, probably a glitch, never noticed it though. The bound bow can be a daedric quality weapon with deadric arrows and duel enchanted pretty quickly. Because it isn't a physical bow, it has no weight and is the fastest shooting bow in the game even without the high level archery perks. Once you get quiet casting it can be summoned where ever and you do not get caught casting it. Because it is weightless it gives you a little more room to carry crap out of a dungeon as well. Once you get into the 50s, I usually unperk conjuration as the summonable helpers get a lot less useful, and I make better bows on my own. Until then it is a damn fine weapon all around. Imagine at level 5 to 10 having a daedric weapon that you do not glitch to get. With all the other things, that is a powerful tool. Even in my 40s I single shot a lot of mobs with them, not using glitches to accomplish it. Sounds good enough to me.
Contradictions do not exist. Whenever you think you are facing a contradiction, check you premises. You will find that one of them is wrong. - Ayn Rand

User Info: Dracoustics

Dracoustics
7 years ago#3
I've never really used the Bound Bow enough as I always go and make my own and upgrade it and such. I did notice it wasn't that great, but I think there might be a perk in the Conjuration skill tree that ups the power? Correct me if I am wrong.

Also, there is a perk in the Alchemy tree, i think, that makes poisons applied to weapons last longer, maybe that is the reason?

User Info: tainted_emerald

tainted_emerald
7 years ago#4
It's the bow with the third highest dps in the game...so long as you take the bound weapon perk, and you're not using alchemy to improve your smithing.

Definitely not the best for stealth kills though.
"Evil is what you make of it. Bind it to a higher purpose and you would have altered its nature. We use what tools we must." - Gerald Tarrant

User Info: BurstBear

BurstBear
7 years ago#5
tainted_emerald posted...
It's the bow with the third highest dps in the game...so long as you take the bound weapon perk, and you're not using alchemy to improve your smithing.

Even then, it's firing speed takes some ridiculous straight damage to outdo.
MrScottybear

User Info: turn_based

turn_based
7 years ago#6
No, it's not as powerful as a legendary ebony bow with chaos+1000 damage lol...

And? Not everyone likes one-shotting dragons.

You can obtain it at level 1. At level 3 you can have a daedric bow with 100 daedric arrows per cast. Can you beat that?

Your Archery skill will rise faster than using just about anything else as well.

Oh, and those Thumming Draugr cant disarm it.
Just because I treat you like garbage does not mean that I do not like you. It just means that you are garbage. - Nazeem

User Info: turn_based

turn_based
7 years ago#7
TheForeverLost posted...
Even with all the perks... it's not that great.

100+ damage ain't enough?
300+ sneak damage won't suffice?

I use Bound Bow on Legendary dude...
Just because I treat you like garbage does not mean that I do not like you. It just means that you are garbage. - Nazeem

User Info: Instaslam

Instaslam
7 years ago#8
turn_based posted...
100+ damage ain't enough?
300+ sneak damage won't suffice?

I use Bound Bow on Legendary dude...

I use my Iron Dagger on Legendary...
You're puny damage can't reach my 30x damage blows! Mwahahahaha!
MH I.D.: Albireo; 3DS: 0430-8421-0489
Honestly, who reads these anyways?

User Info: tainted_emerald

tainted_emerald
7 years ago#9
BurstBear posted...
tainted_emerald posted...

Even then, it's firing speed takes some ridiculous straight damage to outdo.

So long as you're going to max smithing and enchanting, you can probably make a better bow when you're 3/4 done leveling the skills. The slowest bow (daedric) needs max skills and a store bought potion... although that was back when only iron arrows were viable, with no enchantment, and, again, with just a store bought smithing potion.

Of course, dragonbone bows are top class now, since they have the highest base damage, and are decently fast despite their weight.
"Evil is what you make of it. Bind it to a higher purpose and you would have altered its nature. We use what tools we must." - Gerald Tarrant

User Info: BushidoEffect3

BushidoEffect3
7 years ago#10
FORT AMOL MOLEMOEMLEMOEMLMEOMEEOME

Amol amol amol. free free free! Just a heads up for new players.
http://i.minus.com/ibgMA0LFIXHWnz.gif
FO3>NV. Don't agree? I don't care. (>^_^)>
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. How is the Bound Bow any good?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A