• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Imperial or stormcloak?

User Info: SunsetPhantom

SunsetPhantom
6 years ago#41
Brenz0r posted...
SunsetPhantom
The some of them separated to the Wandering Ehlnofey and were the ancestors of the Nedes, Yokudans, and Tsaesci (which is why the Nedes come from Atmora, Yokudans from Yokuda) while the ones that stayed became the Aldmer.

"And for the last time (uh huh), Nedes != Atmorans. That's just shoddy scholarship from a bygone regime." ~MK

"The usual Imperial arrogance. The hoary old "Out of Atmora" theory has been widely discredited (no reputable archaeologist would publicly support it these days), but the Imperial Geographers continue to beat the drum of the Nordic Fatherland in the best tradition of the Septim Empire. They seem to think that the imprimature of officialdom gives their outdated scholarship added weight -- which, unfortunately, it appears to in the eyes of the ever-gullible public which continues to snap up the latest Pocket Guides along with the rest of their Imperial Certified pablum." ~Kurt Kuhlmann

"....the accounts of the origins of Men differ from culture to culture. Note how the somewhat dubious scholarship of the 3rd Edition Pocket Guide to the Empire asserted that Nedics were the progenitors to the Nords, having come to Tamriel from the cold and bitter wastes of the Atmoran continent sometime during the Merethic (Mythic) Era, flying in the face of previous studies. The most famous of these, of course, is Gwylim Press’ own “Frontier, Conquest, and Accomodation,” which portrays the Nedics as a Mannish race indigenous to Tamriel, extant and flourishing long before the arrival of Ysgramor’s ancestors. In any case, the truth of prehistoric Man is most likely lost in the god-time impossibilities of the Dawn, where no absolute answers will ever come on any subject at all." ~MK

I knew I forgot something...I always forget that part too...thanks >.<
I am a shadow... The true self...
We welcome the arrival of a Phantom at sunset, only to rue its departure at sunrise. What is it?
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Imperial or stormcloak?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers