• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Just completed College of Winterhold without ANY magic (spoilers)

User Info: sPK2

sPK2
6 years ago#1
My guys a 2h nord. The only spells I know are healing and flames (had them from the start) but I've never cast either those or any spell in the 180 hours I've played this guy.

Details for those of you who may be doubters

Entrance test? pfft, blessing of Dibela and speech potion let me sweet talked the door lady into skipping her initiation and letting me in without having to prove myself

Walk in like I own the place, join a lesson in progress and teacher asks me to pop a ward spell. Even taught me one, but magic is for wusses. So I whip out SPELLBREAKER SHIELD I got from the Peryite Daedric quest and BAM, insta ward

Field trip time. Get asked to pick up relics and trigger a trap. Teacher says use magic. i say pfft, Magic's for people who like wearing dresses. UNRELENTING FORCE. Wall broken

Then I gotta use fire and ice to configure the attunement crystal? pfft, no problem Dual wield FORESWORN STAFF from lost valley redebout, and STAFF OF FROSTBITE from the chick out the front of the shrine of Azura

Same staffs also opened the fire/ice doors in Labyrinthian.

Ancano ruining the atmosphere of the college? Staff of Magnus on the eye and OFF WITH HIS HEAD WITH MY WAR AXE!!!

Now i'm the Arch Mage of skyrim and I don't possess the magical skill to make a ball of light...

Now I'm gonna punch my way through the companions while wearing a dress

User Info: The_Beer_Scotch

The_Beer_Scotch
6 years ago#2
Gotta say, using magical staffs and enchanted items counts as magic :p
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee

sPK2
6 years ago#3
The_Beer_Scotch posted...
Gotta say, using magical staffs and enchanted items counts as magic :p

I disagree. Magic is a skill. Any idiot can pick up a staff and point it

Magic has to be learned. Any idiot can pick up a staff and point it

Magic requires magika. Staffs require you be able to pick it up and point it

User Info: The_Beer_Scotch

The_Beer_Scotch
6 years ago#4
Staffs are governed by your magic skill, sorry friend :)
The road goes ever on and on....
Time to replay ff9 and Grandia... whee

sPK2
6 years ago#5
They work better for those with magic skill. Though thats besides the point, as my point still stands. I didn't cast a single spell, nor learn any besides what I started with. Though that pushy teacher did force the ward spell on my without my concent

Oh, and for the record, fire and Ice shouts also work too

User Info: MrGazzo

MrGazzo
6 years ago#6
I actually laughed.
Haytham Kenway = Roger Moore

User Info: mr_blobby213

mr_blobby213
6 years ago#7
sPK2 posted...

. Teacher says use magic. i say pfft, Magic's for people who like wearing dresses. UNRELENTING FORCE. Wall broken

I lol'd.
Games that need sequels - Kung Fu Chaos, Enclave, Kingdom Under Fire, Brink.
Mournhold, city of light! City of magic!!

User Info: nw63

nw63
6 years ago#8
Pretty neat, but the ability to use a staff depends on the users ability to govern the use of magic.

Still cool though
I dookied

User Info: Nicodaemos

Nicodaemos
6 years ago#9
The usage of a staff is enhanced by a person's skill with magic. Enhanced. Not dependent.

You lose points for the shouts though. That **** is totally magic.
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer

User Info: Perma-n00b

Perma-n00b
6 years ago#10
sPK2 posted...
My guys a 2h nord. The only spells I know are healing and flames (had them from the start) but I've never cast either those or any spell in the 180 hours I've played this guy.

Details for those of you who may be doubters

Entrance test? pfft, blessing of Dibela and speech potion let me sweet talked the door lady into skipping her initiation and letting me in without having to prove myself

Walk in like I own the place, join a lesson in progress and teacher asks me to pop a ward spell. Even taught me one, but magic is for wusses. So I whip out SPELLBREAKER SHIELD I got from the Peryite Daedric quest and BAM, insta ward

Field trip time. Get asked to pick up relics and trigger a trap. Teacher says use magic. i say pfft, Magic's for people who like wearing dresses. UNRELENTING FORCE. Wall broken

Then I gotta use fire and ice to configure the attunement crystal? pfft, no problem Dual wield FORESWORN STAFF from lost valley redebout, and STAFF OF FROSTBITE from the chick out the front of the shrine of Azura

Same staffs also opened the fire/ice doors in Labyrinthian.

Ancano ruining the atmosphere of the college? Staff of Magnus on the eye and OFF WITH HIS HEAD WITH MY WAR AXE!!!

Now i'm the Arch Mage of skyrim and I don't possess the magical skill to make a ball of light...

Now I'm gonna punch my way through the companions while wearing a dress

Has to be said...... Kewl story brah!
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Just completed College of Winterhold without ANY magic (spoilers)
  • Topic Archived