• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Crit perks on bound-weapon character?

User Info: Runite

Runite
9 years ago#1
Bladesman and Critical Shot for Bound Sword and Bound Bow: Actually good, or just less crap than usual?

Seems to me it'd be the same damage boost as you'd get on a smithed weapon, since the base damage is the same, and nobody really cares about that boost normally.

User Info: ArgentumVir

ArgentumVir
9 years ago#2
Bound weapons are all base damage, so the crit perks are awesome.
Resident Magick Archer fanatic.
Maximum damage done with 1 attack: 115,847.

Runite
9 years ago#3
That's relative, though, isn't it? If I have a 70-damage sword and a crit adds 24, who cares. If I have a 24-damage sword and a crit adds 24...well, it's still just +24, isn't it? Same trivial boost, just looks better by comparison.

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
9 years ago#4
Garbage. My theory that the entirety of the damage was somehow brought about with bad testing techniques. As jammy has shown, neither one has (much) of an increased base damage.

Personally, I believe they help and are worth it (especially for BSword)... but they are currently not so great. The bow perks (possibly) have an effect on getting a "shot damage" bow bash... as opposed to the abysmally poor damage you usually get.

I still haven't nailed down exactly how that's determined.
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Bo Burnham is an amazing dude.

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
9 years ago#5
Well, a boost is a boost, and when it comes to bound weapons, you kind of have to take what you can get, but I'd prioritize elsewhere first.
"Game of the Year is Algonquin for 'the good land.'"-- CaPwnd

Runite
9 years ago#6
Alright, I'll pick them up when I've got nothing better to take. Thanks guys.

IamI3rian
9 years ago#7
vigorm0rtis posted...
Well, a boost is a boost, and when it comes to bound weapons, you kind of have to take what you can get, but I'd prioritize elsewhere first.

You realize that Bound Bow has a pretty amazing DPS right? Without maxed out, and looping smithing/enchanting/alchemy it outclasses daedric bows by a significant amount.

Also, it takes 17 perks to make a daedric bow that good. It takes TWO for bound bow, and you don't lose huge chunks of damage from missed arrows, or well... need ammo either.

Daedric MIGHT be a better bow for sneak archery, but if you use archery in combat, BBow is hands down the better bow.

This is math, and not an opinion.
Bo Burnham is an amazing dude.

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
9 years ago#8
IamI3rian posted...

Yeah, I do-- I've read your posts. That's why I said 'kind of--' he mentioned swords, so I assumed that was the focus. I'd assume that the crit perks would actually be more worth it on the bound bow than anything else, since you're going to get more shots off and, therefore, more crits.
"Game of the Year is Algonquin for 'the good land.'"-- CaPwnd

IamI3rian
9 years ago#9
vigorm0rtis posted...
IamI3rian posted...

Yeah, I do-- I've read your posts. That's why I said 'kind of--' he mentioned swords, so I assumed that was the focus. I'd assume that the crit perks would actually be more worth it on the bound bow than anything else, since you're going to get more shots off and, therefore, more crits.

Well.... yes and no. The damage increase is barely anything at all though. You're right... and not. = ) More shots = more crits... but it's really only an issue when something has a bunch of HP. Otherwise you're just overkilling everything. It's super rare the minor damage boost is going to stop you from needing to use another arrow anyway.

The swords cap out (I believe) at around 100 damage. 119 if memory serves. That's a boost of 1/6th their max damage.... which is decent.

I dunno... I really like BSwords early, but even without perks (or only steel and arcane) you can get much better weapons when you're around smithing50 or so.

I still say I like em, but I can't recommend them. = )

And like I said, I'm still not sure if they make a difference with the bow bash.
Things I need to release: Excess stress, muscle tension, the Kraken

User Info: headscar918

headscar918
9 years ago#10
I3rian, the Foremost Expert on Bound Weaponry.
The official Daedric Rock of the Skyrim Board.
Cheers, brah.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Crit perks on bound-weapon character?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A