• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Broken Oar Grotto-Hargar's Chest

User Info: BrotherKurt22

BrotherKurt22
7 years ago#1
Odd question, but I was doing a bounty quest to clean out some pirates and while the quest went smoothly, I CANNOT find the leader's chest. I killed Hargar, pulled "Hargar's Chest Key" off his corpse and can't find it anywhere. I thought for sure it would be at the top of this watchtower thing with a clean bedroom in it, but no dice.

The grotto is large, dark, and twisty. Can anyone tell me where his chest is?

User Info: SirQuackberry

SirQuackberry
7 years ago#2
It's in the water on a sunken ship. A diary and some dialogue between the NPCs gives clues to this.
The ship is near end of the dungeon.

There are also three other chests underwtaer at various points in the dungeon.
http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Broken_Oar_Grotto
There are four underwater chests hidden inside. After entering, head left down the ladder leading into the water. The first chest will be by a skeleton next to a rock. The second chest is further down, between the first wooden bridge and the second rocky bridge, also next to a rock. The third chest is on the deck of a partially sunk boat, next to the captain's quarters. A conversation about this chest can be heard upon entering the grotto. The fourth chest is on a sunken platform underneath the captain's quarters.

"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux

User Info: BrotherKurt22

BrotherKurt22
7 years ago#3
AUUGH! I can only find the one on the submerged platform under the captain's quarters. Forget the other two, how do I get to the one on the sunken ship? I've found like, three semi-submerged ships and no Hargar's chest.

User Info: IamI3rian

IamI3rian
7 years ago#4
BrotherKurt22 posted...
AUUGH! I can only find the one on the submerged platform under the captain's quarters. Forget the other two, how do I get to the one on the sunken ship? I've found like, three semi-submerged ships and no Hargar's chest.

It's towards the end... near that huge tower you climbe up and thought was were it was. Also, there's half the mast sticking up out of the water.

P.S. If there's an item in the chest called "Meridia's Beacon" leave it there. You'll thank me later.
Remember: IamI3rian told ya
Wormhole time travel. Mind = blown.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Broken Oar Grotto-Hargar's Chest
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A