• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can sneaking and destructive magic mix?

User Info: FindKenshi

FindKenshi
7 years ago#1
While you have spells out in your hands, it like makes a light and a constant noise, does this make it so sneaking is impossible and or harder? If you can still sneak when armed with magic, do you get the actual sneak attack bonus for attacking with magic? Or would the process of beginning to cast your spell make you revealed immediatly?
Not removing this from my sig until Yoshi admits he's Chama
20 Dec 2011

User Info: alex1_2_3_4_5

alex1_2_3_4_5
7 years ago#2
Casting spells make noise and they don't got a sneak bonus anyways.
White FC: 0132 3012 2303

User Info: BigRobb2389

BigRobb2389
7 years ago#3
I just started a character that is going to use sneak, illusion, and destruction magic, mainly runes. He is only level 7 though so too early to tell how its going to work out.
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/

User Info: FindKenshi

FindKenshi
7 years ago#4
Darn. I want to combine sneak dagger attacks with destructive magic for a hybrid build. I guess is there a way so when he has a dagger out there's no spell in his off hand?
Not removing this from my sig until Yoshi admits he's Chama
20 Dec 2011

User Info: Rampagingwalrus

Rampagingwalrus
7 years ago#5
You can sneak+cast with Quiet Casting, yes. However, doing so, with most spells gives away your position almost immediately. And there is no damage bonus for sneak attack spells.

However... the Rune spells, I have found, make great "sneak attack" spells. As they do not give away your position. Same with the Lightning spells, aside from Sparks, of course. Since they have no travel time, they usually allow you to remain hidden after casting. Since there is no giant glowy thing shooting from your hands to an enemy.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

User Info: Aigonroth

Aigonroth
7 years ago#6
Destruction Magic doesn't get a sneak attack bonus but with the Quiet Casting perk in the Illusion tree is should be possible, be aware however, for Runes, with Quiet Casting they don't make noise when you hold down the button to cast the spell, but when the rune is placed that will make noise.

This can be used to draw people to the Rune.

Also you can use, Fireball and what not perfectly silently with Quiet Casting, just hit your enemy from far enough away (or keep invisibility on hand)

tl;dr: Yes it should be possible you will just need Illusion as well.
A human must be judged solely on their actions, words mean nothing until channeled into something.

User Info: PPPPLAASSUMA

PPPPLAASSUMA
7 years ago#7
If you get as many sneak buffs and perks as you can you should be undetetectable.

Also if you do alchemy and have fortify destruction potions it will help.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can sneaking and destructive magic mix?
  • Topic Archived