• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Oghma Infinium/Post Patch Question

User Info: mustaine7

mustaine7
8 years ago#1
Hi all.

So we all know about the Oghma Infinium glitch where you can get all your skills to 100 easy with the book using bookshelves etc.

Now I have heard that they patched this in their latest (and messed up) patch.

My question is, if I delete my system cache (effectively deleting the patch) il be able to do the glitch if I wanted won't I?

.....but say I have done the glitch then I choose to update, id still have all my stats won't I, its not like they know you did the glitch and take it away is it lol

(I think I already know, but would like the reassurance : )

Cheers to any of you in advance.
~True Legends Never Die~

User Info: FatalX7

FatalX7
8 years ago#2

I don't know if it was patched, but if you delete your cache, you'll have to start all over. Your saves with any patch won't work.

You also won't have the first patch, the one you DL when you first play the game, so there is no telling how the game is before that.

Updating your game will never affect your stats or progress.

User Info: Golorian

Golorian
8 years ago#3
It still works with the patch. Not my vid, but all explained in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hd=1&feature=iv&v=q6n0Ry0R4ik&annotation_id=annotation_572532&src_vid=Sppwru7wfqs

User Info: FatalX7

FatalX7
8 years ago#4

Golorian posted...
It still works with the patch. Not my vid, but all explained in there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?hd=1&feature=iv&v=q6n0Ry0R4ik&annotation_id=annotation_572532&src_vid=Sppwru7wfqs

That's..different.

And the comments seem to point towards it being really buggy.

User Info: Casyle

Casyle
8 years ago#5
I did it with one of the chests in Whiterun and never ran into a problem. Open chest while the Oghma Infinium is in your inventory. Use the Oghma Infinium then carefully close it and store it. Cycle up to the chest inventory and take the book, go to books read, repeat.

I am VERY ticked off that they broke the bookshelves. I was using 'em to store books but now both the bookshelves in my Whiterun home are busted and won't work.
Gamertag - Casyle

User Info: dontneedaname

dontneedaname
8 years ago#6
It still works, just not with the bookshelves.
I just use the storage chest right above the bookshelf in Breezehome and it definitely works.

1. Open the chest
2. Read the book and select path
3. Store the book
4. Exit the chest
5. Open the chest and take the book out
6. Exit chest
Repeat steps 1-6

Easy.

-

User Info: mustaine7

mustaine7
8 years ago#7
Cheers FatalX7 I tested this out. I wasn't very far in a previous save anyway, so I'm just getting start over because of other things I did in my last game anyway.

Thanks Glorian for the link.

Tell me about it Casyle, very annoying indeed.

I didn't know this works in other containers too dontneedaname so thanks for the valuable info there too.

Cheers All!
~True Legends Never Die~

User Info: shellcracker187

shellcracker187
8 years ago#8
It still works with the bookshelves.level 81 dark elf and loving it
Reality Hits You Hard Bro....
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Oghma Infinium/Post Patch Question
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 20 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 3902 Questions (3902 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A