• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. U can spells from books now........ and

User Info: Edelstoff

Edelstoff
7 years ago#1
"U can learn spells from books now" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PrKhulws5o

Skyrim OXM Scan scroll down:
http://www.gamepur.com/news/5302-fresh-skyrim-details-oxm.html

This is 4 all those who missed it.
Kake

User Info: slothica

slothica
7 years ago#2
You could in Oblivion too. If you forked over 80 microsoft points.
Was I being rude? Sorry, I get that way around stupid people.
Insane? I like to think of myself as dangerously creative.

User Info: The_Blank___

The_Blank___
7 years ago#3
Makes since. Magic is directly linked to intelligence and education.
When a man seeks your advice, he generally wants your praise.
-Chesterfield.

User Info: Kid_Notorious07

Kid_Notorious07
7 years ago#4
I no want to spells from books and you can't make me... hmphhh!

User Info: KingMyro

KingMyro
7 years ago#5

"Fireball, launches a ball of fire that does 75 points of damage in a small radius"......So, didn't Todd Howard say they removed spell crafting because knowing all of the damage numbers and durations made it too spreadsheety? How is this any different?

User Info: Edelstoff

Edelstoff
7 years ago#6
KingMyro posted...
"Fireball, launches a ball of fire that does 75 points of damage in a small radius"......So, didn't Todd Howard say they removed spell crafting because knowing all of the damage numbers and durations made it too spreadsheety? How is this any different?

Crafting is Crafting and Learning is Learning

Making is Creating and Receiving is Acquiring
Kake

User Info: NovaLevossida

NovaLevossida
7 years ago#7

There's nothing about a spreadsheet there. It simply states what it does.

The "spreadsheety" things were in Oblivion where you were adding effects and adjusting magnitude, duration, and area while keeping this within a mana cost able to be cast and within a skill range that you can cast. In this sense, you might as well be playing the Calculator class from Final Fantasy Tactics since you're spending the time to make everything be just right instead of just playing the Wizard / Black Mage and blasting the fools down with arcane powers.
we only assume people get Illumina because meeple needs it in his character analysis to bump up terra's stats when comparing her to others -- livinlarav2 on FF6

User Info: KingMyro

KingMyro
7 years ago#8

I get it. I suppose I did make a decent "Avarda Kedarva" by going nuts with the numbers. It paralyzed and murdered, with hilarious results....especially when the target is atop stairs.

User Info: Psych0_Squirre1

Psych0_Squirre1
7 years ago#9
Guess you can't LEARN how to spell from those books.
---

User Info: ArchMageSynok

ArchMageSynok
7 years ago#10
Spellmaking was a crap gimmick. I'll take the variety of spells and different functioning spells over being able to cast 4 spells at once and changing the DPS anyday.
".... it's funny how talk of gun's cause's more of an up roar than baby trafficking......" -koutsu88 (TES: Skyrim board)
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. U can spells from books now........ and
  • Topic Archived