• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Argonians should not be able to breathe underwater...

User Info: TCGJesse

TCGJesse
10 years ago#1
I don't know of a single reptile that can breathe underwater, nor do I see gills.

If it had a better oxygen reserve, okay. But a reptile breathing underwater is silly.
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Kierkegaard

User Info: MonkeyBones23

MonkeyBones23
10 years ago#2
It's a game.
We're a forest of lives, but we grow tall and wide.
We'll never be cut down.

User Info: ansiiis

ansiiis
10 years ago#3
TCGJesse posted...
I don't know of a single reptile that can breathe underwater, nor do I see gills.

If it had a better oxygen reserve, okay. But a reptile breathing underwater is silly.

Oh and having a lightning coming out from your hands is not? Its fantasy
The emperor of Rome - Ansius Julius from the house of Julii.

User Info: DoctorScraps

DoctorScraps
10 years ago#4
-busts out the tiniest violin-
...Shall I play for you?
It's better to read my posts in the voice of GLaDOS. It makes things so much more simpler.

User Info: slothica

slothica
10 years ago#5
Argument rendered invalid due to the fact that it's a fictional fantasy game set in an entirely different universe.

And they have gills.
I'm as sweet as a cherry pie, but sometimes very wicked.
slothica the undying, wicked witch of CE

User Info: Edgemaster70000

Edgemaster70000
10 years ago#6
Argonians are meant to be a borderline lizard/fish hybrid, aren't they?

Also, from a quick google trip, I found this:

Some reptiles like the crocodiles, have developed ways of breathing to get around total dependence upon the lungs. Since most reptiles do not have a secondary palate, they are forced to hold their breath while swallowing. It has been found, however, that a secondary palate has evolved in the crocodiles which allows them to breathe while underwater or snaking on their prey.
XBL GT: Dapper DLnosaur.

User Info: ShadowWolf549

ShadowWolf549
10 years ago#7
Google ftw.
"Nearly all men can withstand adversity; If you want to test a man's character, give him power."
-- Abraham Lincoln

TCGJesse
10 years ago#8
Edgemaster70000 posted...
Argonians are meant to be a borderline lizard/fish hybrid, aren't they?

Also, from a quick google trip, I found this:

Some reptiles like the crocodiles, have developed ways of breathing to get around total dependence upon the lungs. Since most reptiles do not have a secondary palate, they are forced to hold their breath while swallowing. It has been found, however, that a secondary palate has evolved in the crocodiles which allows them to breathe while underwater or snaking on their prey.

It's an extended air supply, not breathing underwater. Crocs can stay underwater for roughly 2 hours at max. Though I do appreciate your honest debate/discussion aside from the other "loljuzagame" or "umad?"
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Kierkegaard

TCGJesse
10 years ago#9
I do stand corrected. I did read up on argonians and they do in fact have gills on their necks. I just never noticed and they have always been called reptiles, not some reptile/fish hybrid.

Topic can now die.

User Info: DoctorScraps

DoctorScraps
10 years ago#10
TCGJesse posted...
I do stand corrected. I did read up on argonians and they do in fact have gills on their necks. I just never noticed and they have always been called reptiles, not some reptile/fish hybrid.

Topic can now die.

Here's a napkin for that egg on your face.
It's better to read my posts in the voice of GLaDOS. It makes things so much more simpler.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Argonians should not be able to breathe underwater...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A