Online Pass Just Not Working,,,,

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Online Pass Just Not Working,,,,

User Info: DJSnafu23

DJSnafu23
2 years ago#1
Hi guys,

I bought the game new (sealed!), but the code inside didn't work. I then downloaded the free online pass from te PSN store (but nothing to see- I mean it doesn't give me a code to input), and I just can't play multi. I don't care about the trophies but would love to play the online version. I can see this is a common problem from a search but no fixes outside "call EA!". Any help would be really appreciated. My other DLC also doesn't seem to be working (no Eden prime on Normandy..) but I'm trying to reinstall that and see if it helps (I've DLed and installed the free online pass many times to no avail).

User Info: Simply_Avery

Simply_Avery
2 years ago#2
Hi! c:

When I first started playing the multiplayer, I had a similar issue with my Online Pass that was giving me a little bit of trouble, however I discovered that EA discontinued the Online Pass.

I can connect to the servers just fine, however I have heard that players still have difficulty connecting without a Pass, so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

The only thing that I can recommend is exactly what I did: Download and install your Online Pass (even if it EA states that it isn't necessary), boot up your ME3 game. On the Galaxy at War section you will probably still see it asking for an online code, but you will want to just ignore it and go straight to multiplayer.

You should be able to connect just fine.

If you have already solved the problem on your own, then congrats! c:

As for Eden Prime, I can't recall ever seeing the map in my experiences, and that's with having the DLC from the store.

User Info: CBrate

CBrate
2 years ago#3
You can always get a new one for free on PSN store.

DJSnafu23
2 years ago#4
Hi guys and thanks for the response!

PROBLEM SOLVED

after trying the above steps (before ven posting) and looking for HOURS online, it turns out my problem occurs if you have the US copy on an EU system!! So I had to re-buy the game and finish at again! Thankfully, in the world of ME that['s hardly a chore. Really appreciate your help, and hope anyone else going through this sees this post, as many seemed to have the same problem unresolved!

Simply_Avery
2 years ago#5
DJSnafu23 posted...
Hi guys and thanks for the response!

PROBLEM SOLVED

after trying the above steps (before ven posting) and looking for HOURS online, it turns out my problem occurs if you have the US copy on an EU system!! So I had to re-buy the game and finish at again! Thankfully, in the world of ME that['s hardly a chore. Really appreciate your help, and hope anyone else going through this sees this post, as many seemed to have the same problem unresolved!

I'm happy to know that you got it figured out! The multiplayer is addicting. xD

DJSnafu23
2 years ago#6
Love it so far!!! Need a headset to get organized!!!

Simply_Avery
2 years ago#7
DJSnafu23 posted...
Love it so far!!! Need a headset to get organized!!!

I feel you! My headset that I used for my PC before it died doesn't work with my console, and I'm more than a little reluctant to spend money on another decent headset just for the PS3, especially now that I'm out of work
..again.

Maybe we'll cross paths some time!
  1. Boards
  2. Mass Effect 3
  3. Online Pass Just Not Working,,,,

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived