• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Chronological order of Tomb Raider

User Info: Exarned

Exarned
7 years ago#1
I just bought Tomb Raider Collection on steam which is on sale right now but I am having trouble which I should play first so anyone know the chronological order of the game? Here's the link of the game I just bought http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26663
I see myself as an intelligent and sensitive person with a soul of a clown that messes it up at the important moments.

User Info: lukus_80

lukus_80
7 years ago#2
The early Tomb Raiders are all numbered, so that should be easy enough. Then comes Legend, Anniversary and Underworld. Legend was released first, then Anniversary and finally Underworld. But, Anniversary is the remake of Tomb Raider I, so that actually comes first with Tomb Raider I, then Legend and finally Underworld. So in this order:

-Tomb Raider I-VI sequentially
-Anniversary
-Legend
-Underworld

It's better to play the last three games like that, because even though Anniversary is right at the start and Underworld at the end, the three together chronicle the story involving Natla, Amanda and Lara's parents. Note that Tomb Raider V: Chronicles, even though it is the fifth game, doesn't have any chronological standing in the events that unfold, as you'll see why when you start playing.

Hope this doesn't confuse you.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the reboot. To be honest, you can play this first or last, since it's a re-iteration of Tomb Raider in it's entirety. Chronologically, this would be the absolute first however.

Exarned
7 years ago#3
lukus_80 posted...
Hope this doesn't confuse you.

Probably it won't and what is this?
lukus_80 posted...
Forgot to mention the reboot.

I see myself as an intelligent and sensitive person with a soul of a clown that messes it up at the important moments.

lukus_80
7 years ago#4
Ah, the reboot is the newest, self-titled game released March last year, you might've heard some people talking about. The sequel to it was announced at E3 this year and so is due for release next year I think. The reboot is supposed to be a telling of how Lara became who she is in a completely new iteration. So really, this game and it's sequel has their own chronology from the rest.

Exarned
7 years ago#5
lukus_80 posted...
Ah, the reboot is the newest, self-titled game released March last year,

Aah! I see good thing that I played it the first :) Thanks by the way that really really help me a lot.

lukus_80
7 years ago#6
Glad to help. You'll find a big difference in gameplay between the reboot and the old games, but I'd say you might enjoy the older ones just as well, if not more. I hope you enjoy the series.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Chronological order of Tomb Raider
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A