• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. please help! stuck at mountain base, glitched? bad programming?

User Info: lovemehate

lovemehate
6 years ago#1
(simi spoilers)
so am at the part i need to get to the top, to the radio base right?
well i almost got there but i had to stop playing, saved, left game, decided ill go back and collect items, I now CAN NOT pass the mountain base to the next level cause the first time you passed, there was an explosion and now the narrow crack you pass (with the steam pipes) is now blocked off by steam,

I ran EVERYWHERE looked every where, jumped everywhere used survival vision everywhere.
there is no way around , no other paths, and no you cannot fast travel past it cause there is only a day-camp.

I really love this game so far, but I cant lose, litertly a whole days work on this and start over.
and no there is no older save you can use either !!!!!

anyone can help?
thanks!

User Info: Damien94

Damien94
6 years ago#2
I'm guessing you can probably fast travel. Either that or there's an alternate route.

EDIT: Whoops, missed part of what you wrote. Not sure man, sorry can't help. Though generally if the game closes off a path it opens another one up.
Contrary to popular belief, opinions can be, and often are, wrong.

lovemehate
6 years ago#3
I almost want to upload a youtube video showing what am talking about, i figured the same thing, but honestly nowhere to go. i have been running around the few open rooms for an hour now...i keept thinking...its something small and dumb but i honestly feel like this is some kind of over-looked glitch you can do to yourself.

I even tried "reload checkpoint" but it just takes you to the last fireplace you visited, which is no help....

maybe i can find someones save file?

User Info: lukus_80

lukus_80
6 years ago#4
I'm having exactly the same problem. I Fast Travelled back to Mountain Base from Base Exterior to find some of the collectibles and found I couldn't get back to the area, even though I Fast Travelled from there in the first place. I haven't found a way to get back to the Base Exterior yet either.

As I recall, there's a Fast Travel Camp right next to the radio tower in a building in the Base Exterior area, but it doesn't appear as an option from the Fast Travel menu at another Fast Travel Camp.

I'll take another look around to double-check to see if we might have missed anything.

EDIT - Couldn't find any way to get back to Base Exterior. I'd put it down to a glitch in my case, but in your case, lovemehate, it seems like a lazy design fault.

lovemehate
6 years ago#5
I guess ill wait see if theres a patch update, cause a few other people had the same issue...thank you for checking if not....well good thing its a great game, otherwise I don't thin i could re-do it

User Info: defster

defster
6 years ago#6
Confirming that this is a gamebreaking glitch :( No way to get back to bonfire once you leap off the room to get the missing collectibles.

User Info: defster

defster
6 years ago#7
And 10 seconds later i found the solution... In the room below, there is a ramp you can use to jump back up. ;) Ignore last post.

User Info: SoulPower85

SoulPower85
6 years ago#8
I love it when idiots can figure something simple out and it''s never their fault,their first scream is "OMFG BAD PROGRAMMING GAME BREAKING GLITCH".
MK9 mains:Scorpion/Jade
SF4 series:Rose,Chun,Ryu

User Info: marcthemagicbum

marcthemagicbum
6 years ago#9
SoulPower85 posted...
I love it when idiots can figure something simple out and it''s never their fault,their first scream is "OMFG BAD PROGRAMMING GAME BREAKING GLITCH".

While I agree for the most part, it's a sad sign that the majority of the games this gen have had relatively poor polishing for people to jump to the conclusion of "glitch" first...
Intel Core i7-3770 Ivybridge 3.4GHz, 16 GB G.Skills Ripjaws, 256 GB M4 SSD, LG Bluray burner, eVGA Geforce GTX 680

User Info: quicksilver_ut

quicksilver_ut
6 years ago#10
I also have this problem, ive tried backtracking a little and havent found an alternate way to get past the steam vents. If only i had known!
thanks yo'
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. please help! stuck at mountain base, glitched? bad programming?
  • Topic Archived