• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Here's yet another complaint about stupid Gamestop...

User Info: zombie_basher13

zombie_basher13
7 years ago#1
Okay, before I begin I will admit my local gamestop is not that bad, I like the people who work there and I almost never have problems, which makes this incident all the worse. And I should also say, it is sort of my fault, but after reading maybe you guys can tell me who is more in the wrong?

So before this game had any special editions announced, I went to GS to reserve the game and also see if I could reserve the special edition. The guy who did my order said it wasn't in their system yet, and he would automatically upgrade all my preoders to special editions once announced (I reserved a bunch of stuff at once, Bioshock infinite, MG Rising, etc.) and all I had to do was put $25 on each. So I did.

Today I went in, to make sure I have it switched over to survival edition. Lo and behold, when I ask for the switch, the guy says they're out, just regular game. I told him same story, he had no idea wtf I was talking about. And it was the same guy who did my order. So now I lost my SE game, cuz he forgot.
Look alive, you fools.

User Info: LegoTechnic

LegoTechnic
7 years ago#2
$25 on each? You only need $5 per game for a preorder.

Note that Gamestop pushes preorders, and I mean pushes them. Employees that do well in getting preorders get more hours and less oversight, and those that fail get punished with menial tasks like compiling district lists and potential "coaching" reviews. Thing is once they have your preorder then they've won their game with you; they get not extra incentive to adjust or upgrade preorders, so doing so is a low priority to remember and he very likely forgot about it completely.

Most importantly though you should never have relied on the kindness of a stranger to excuse your apathy in the matter. If you wanted the SE edition so early that it wasn't in the GS system, then you had over a month to call or stop in yourself and make sure it was upgraded, which you apparently didn't do. Always make sure for yourself that things are running smoothly, and don't take such things for granted in the future.

Also know that every time you give a Gamestop employee a preorder you make his/her week just a little bit happier.
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero

zombie_basher13
7 years ago#3
Actually, at least at my Gamestop, they require you to put at least $25 on preorders for special editions of games. And I trusted him because the people at that gamestop know me, they're not just random strangers, so sue me for trusting him to do something he said he would do. And I thought it was gonna be automatic upgrade, the way he talked about it, he was all like "Don't worry about it man, it'll just uprade to the special once we have it in the system since you have $25 on it." So basically he lied to me, I believed him, and let my guard down. I had no reason to believe something would go wrong, as you suggest.

Btw, you contradict yourself in that last sentence, saying I should be kind to strangers in gamestop to make their week happier when you say I should never rely on the kindness of a stranger. Come on man. At least be consistent when criticizing me.
Look alive, you fools.

User Info: LegoTechnic

LegoTechnic
7 years ago#4
zombie_basher13 posted...
Btw, you contradict yourself in that last sentence, saying I should be kind to strangers in gamestop to make their week happier when you say I should never rely on the kindness of a stranger. Come on man. At least be consistent when criticizing me.

What? Where did I ever suggest you should be kind to strangers in Gamestop? I just told you that preordering with them makes their week a little happier, because it does. They know it looks good when it happens, but that doesn't mean you're in any way obligated to do it, and I never said you should do so. After all, what do I care over on this side of internetland?

Note, there is no "automatic update" function in the Gamestop computer system; he likely intended to remember but then completely forgot like a dork. Your clerk screwed up, but you really should have been more proactive in making sure it got done. Now you pay the unfortunate penalty of saving some money at the expense of a trashy figure with ball-joints and a cloth map. ;-]
Bane even prayed for Dick when he became Batman. -- Frostbite_Zero

User Info: PsienceWins

PsienceWins
7 years ago#5
I was able to pre-order the special edition from Best Buy today.

I had a similar experience with the Bioshock Infinite Songbird edition. GameStop said it didn't exist.
Reverse trolling. One of my many talents.

User Info: _Emi_

_Emi_
7 years ago#6
You're so ****ing naive, TC.
Mowowowow.

User Info: whiterabbit1369

whiterabbit1369
7 years ago#7
No Gamestop requires you to put down more than $5 on a pre order, no matter what edition. You're being lied to, and should report them.
SPAAAAAAAAACE magic!

zombie_basher13
7 years ago#8
PsienceWins posted...
I was able to pre-order the special edition from Best Buy today.

I had a similar experience with the Bioshock Infinite Songbird edition. GameStop said it didn't exist.

What's reverse trolling?
Look alive, you fools.

User Info: ragnarok_weapon

ragnarok_weapon
7 years ago#9
I think your buddies from gamestop lied to you, there is no such thing as automatic update at gamestop, and you only have to put down a minimum of 5$ for a preorder.

To be safe next time, just order it online at gamestop.com or amazon
PSN - Ragnarok_weapon

User Info: Darkzhooter

Darkzhooter
7 years ago#10
My dad preordered NBA2K13 last time and it's the dynasty edition. He only paid 5$ for the pre-order. I want the Survival edition so bad but too bad, I only have enough for the regular version :c
My God! How big do you think this thing will get? ~Sheva
  1. Boards
  2. Tomb Raider
  3. Here's yet another complaint about stupid Gamestop...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A