• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. Capcom removed all their retro games?
mcnichoj 9 months ago#1
I was just randomly looking at stuff on the GooglePlay Store and noticed Capcom removed their classic era games.
-Mega Man 1-6
-Ghosts 'n Goblins
-Ghouls 'n Ghosts
-Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando

I get why they would remove RE4 because it was outdated so they can put a newer version with better visuals and performance but the above listed games don't really need either of those things. Sure relatively they played like crap compared to their console versions but also they played decent relative to other mobile games.
Any guesses?
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."
TLR_ 9 months ago#2
I can't speak on behalf of 1942, Commando of the Goblins games, but the MM1-6 ports were straight trash.
My Game Collection/Backlog (Incomplete!): https://howlongtobeat.com/user?n=BishopTakesKing
mcnichoj 9 months ago#3
What was so bad about them? I just blazed through the first game last night in about an hour on "Normal mode" and it seemed fine for the most part. Sure normal mode is a joke with checkpoints that make getting health pickups trivial but it was an old game ported to phones for 0.99 so the addition makes sense. The one thing I will say is that I was initially playing it on BlueStacks with keyboard controls but at the start of the Gutsman stage with the platform segment I had to immediately setup controller support. I assume touch controls are trash but that's to be expected.
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
"Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy."
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. Capcom removed all their retro games?
  • Topic Archived