You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. If a phone is best at handling games

User Info: Neopian

Neopian
1 month ago#1
That means it should be good to handle all other apps right?

Why are iphones and samsung galaxy phones so expensive if they aren't the best?
WmJkJhBhUiOgBgR

User Info: Z3ROINFINITY

Z3ROINFINITY
1 month ago#2
Build Quality, updates, most common brands.

Apple doesn't really have a excuse for being expensive other than it's Apple. Their phones are way overpriced, don't get me wrong they do make a nice phone and other devices but they aren't worth the money. I had an iPhone up to the 7 Plus then went to the S8 and stuck with Samsung so far loving the S10e.
I've had the iPhone 3G, 4, 5, 6 (briefly) and the 6 Plus. I then switched over to Samsung with the S8+ and currently have an S10+.

The iPhones I had were good in and of themselves, but they are still limited in terms of OS customization, local storage opportunities, and frankly hardware. The first iPhone with an OLED panel and wireless charging came just 2 years ago in 2017 and iPhones to date still don't have a fast charging solution out of the box. Expandable memory? Forget about it - you'll store your information on the cloud and like it. Want a 512 GB iPhone XS? Apple will add a $350 upcharge - for that price you can buy two 512 GB microSD cards. iMessage is often touted as the reason why people hold on to their iPhones, but it took me about 2 days to forget about it.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius

User Info: Z3ROINFINITY

Z3ROINFINITY
1 month ago#4
Super Saiyan 3 Goku posted...
I've had the iPhone 3G, 4, 5, 6 (briefly) and the 6 Plus. I then switched over to Samsung with the S8+ and currently have an S10+.

The iPhones I had were good in and of themselves, but they are still limited in terms of OS customization, local storage opportunities, and frankly hardware. The first iPhone with an OLED panel and wireless charging came just 2 years ago in 2017 and iPhones to date still don't have a fast charging solution out of the box. Expandable memory? Forget about it - you'll store your information on the cloud and like it. Want a 512 GB iPhone XS? Apple will add a $350 upcharge - for that price you can buy two 512 GB microSD cards. iMessage is often touted as the reason why people hold on to their iPhones, but it took me about 2 days to forget about it.

Kind of off topic but I 100% agree with you.

User Info: Neopian

Neopian
1 month ago#5
what is the best phone for playing games?
WmJkJhBhUiOgBgR

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
1 month ago#6
$200 midrange phones can play all games just fine. Basically the only thing you're getting with a flagship is a better camera. And probably a worse battery life, lol.

User Info: strat10

strat10
1 month ago#7
People keep buying them. There is youtube that value and performance in mobile doesn't scale well compared to PC.

Pocophone F1 that features Snapdragon 845 cost $350 while the most expensive Samsung Galaxy S9 with same SoC cost $700. There are better quality phones than F1 still cost around $400-550. Galaxy S9 is overpriced for SD845 that time.

If the phone has a SD845 you can play games as good as S9. If you got a phone with SD855 which is new. You already outperform the S9 and have same performance as the S10.

There is only one SoC manufacturers that dominates highend Android market which is Qualcomm. Kirin and Samsung's Exynos is still catching up.
https://i.imgtc.com/l67Esf2.png

User Info: LegendsDark

LegendsDark
4 weeks ago#8
Neopian posted...

Your best friend.

Here you go. Moto Z GT Pro
Best phone and lowest price value. Other than that Oneplus 7 Plus

It's like buying a phone and logo from other companies. Just take out the commission they make because it's a popular company name and cut it out of the price.
I am Gaming God Nezo. -Keith A.D *PSN* Gaming God Nezo aka GodSentDeath420
Life is a game and I am it's God. The real NEO. The Lord is my God!

LegendsDark
4 weeks ago#9
LegendsDark posted...
Neopian posted...

Your best friend.

Here you go. Moto Z5 GT Pro
Best phone and lowest price value. Other than that Oneplus 7 Plus for HQ Pictures/games

It's like buying a phone and logo from other companies. Just take out the commission they make because it's a popular company name and cut it out of the price.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 855, 128GB Ram, 12GB RAM/ 512GB, TypeSuper AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, GPUAdreno 640.

LegendsDark
4 weeks ago#10
https://www.gadgetsleak.com/lenovo-z5-pro-gt-price/
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. If a phone is best at handling games