You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. got a new phone.. do i need to..

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
1 month ago#1
..change sim cards if the old one im using fits the new phone?
i read online that its best to change sim cards because old ones can easily corrupt/scratch
also that new sim cards are "updated" to the newer cell towers

thanks in advance

(if it matters any, im going from galaxy s6 to galaxy s9)
taeyeon's #1 fanboy~

User Info: skyMcWeeds

skyMcWeeds
1 month ago#2
If the sim card is pretty old like only capable of 3g HSPA+, then yeah update it to a new one capable of 4g LTE.
If the sim card is already 4g LTE capable then you may not need to get an upgraded one anytime soon unless 5g comes around.
"Man does not live on bread alone"
Since there's always CAKE!

kidrobot
1 month ago#3
skyMcWeeds posted...
If the sim card is pretty old like only capable of 3g HSPA+, then yeah update it to a new one capable of 4g LTE.
If the sim card is already 4g LTE capable then you may not need to get an upgraded one anytime soon unless 5g comes around.

yeah, i got it around release date
so it's about 5 years old
it has 4g but idk about the lte part

also, the new sim card came with the phone
so i might as well transfer since it wont cost any/much right..?
taeyeon's #1 fanboy~
I swapped my old SIM from my former S8+ to my current S10+ as both are 4G LTE phones. My S10+ also displays AT&T's "5G E" moniker like my S8+ did.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius

kidrobot
1 month ago#5
Super Saiyan 3 Goku posted...
I swapped my old SIM from my former S8+ to my current S10+ as both are 4G LTE phones. My S10+ also displays AT&T's "5G E" moniker like my S8+ did.

ooohh okay
i had to turn off the wifi to see
mine says 4g lte lol

how's the s10+?
i kinda regret not getting the s10e
taeyeon's #1 fanboy~
S10+ is a beast and the phone to beat right now. Probably, my favorite features are the cameras, design/One UI, and battery life.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. got a new phone.. do i need to..