You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. Kiwi Browser

User Info: lvalice

lvalice
4 weeks ago#1
You're welcome.
3DS FC: 3609.1630.6263 - Ivalice
The mods here are useless trolls, get used to it.

User Info: load

load
3 weeks ago#2
Looks exactly like firefox.. any important advantages?
Halo pc 4 life
TGRI saves lives

User Info: seedz252

seedz252
3 weeks ago#3
I use opera touch and love it. But I'm always down to try a new app.

Would you say it's better?
RiP Roy Halladay ~ you will be missed :(

lvalice
3 weeks ago#4
load posted...
Looks exactly like firefox.. any important advantages?

Based on Chrome, if you count that as an advantage; I don't particularly do.

Advantage #1: Fast
Advantage #2: Plays media sound in the background
Advantage #3: Ad Blocker

And it really does play in the background, even when you switch tabs, open other apps, and turn off the screen.
And it really does do a great job at blocking ads without root, including removing commercials from videos, and preventing pop-ups and redirects from less legit sites you'd expect to encounter that sort of thing.

And if you consider both Advantage #1 and Advantage #2 together, then it basically gives you YouTube Red perks like playing music from videos in the background or with the screen off, without ads.

lvalice
3 weeks ago#5
seedz252 posted...
I use opera touch and love it. But I'm always down to try a new app.

Would you say it's better?

It depends, I've never used opera, but kiwi browser is going to feel a lot like Chrome but it's ad block feature is miles above any ad block software I've tried on Android. It's as good as that root ad block app I used to use before I stopped rooting

I use kiwi for normal browsing and Chrome for picture-in-picture mode so I can watch shows in a little window as I browse on kiwi or play a game
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Would be perfect if the text in night mode was easier to read. It's a darker grey than any other night browser I've tried.
Currently playing Breath of the Wild, Suikoden, Smash Bros. Ultimate, Hearthstone
Training log: https://powpowpunishment.blogspot.com
Just found a fix for that. Unbelievably, the latest Kiwi supports Chrome extensions, which is amazing. Chrome Dark Reader makes the text more readable. Surprised nobody else had this issue before, though.
Currently playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Hearthstone
Training log: https://powpowpunishment.blogspot.com
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. Kiwi Browser