GameFAQs is currently in Read-Only mode. All content is available, but you cannot log in, submit new posts or content, or make any other changes at this time
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. does a tablet need any kind of protection?

User Info: lvalice

lvalice
4 weeks ago#11
One time I tossed my tablet onto my soft bed, screen landed on a remote and cracked the screen.
3DS FC: 3609.1630.6263 - Ivalice
The mods here are useless trolls, get used to it.

User Info: RJP_X

RJP_X
3 weeks ago#12
i have noticed lately on chrome its been saying program is not responding and to wait or close app. so i switched to firefox and its neat that you can use extensions ublock origins ftw.

anyways i am having a problem with firefox as well, if i leave it idled and my android goes in sleep mode and i turn it back on firefox is completely frozen and sometimes using the menu button to go back to the desktop lags or other times becomes unresponsive.

i was wondering how i can fix this i was wondering if it has anything to do with malwarebytes.(which i probably dont need.) but reason i said that is because malwarebytes has given that message chrome was giving about not responding.

also one last thing spotify doesnt play at all on the web browser on firefox but works on other browsers.

EDIT: oh and have been clearing cache and cookies, and deleting unneccesary apps, have plenty of space left on it.
''Hey I ain't ugly! I'm just way below average!!!'' -Genocide Jill.
PSN: RJP_X
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: jedinat

jedinat
3 weeks ago#13
RJP_X posted...
i have noticed lately on chrome its been saying program is not responding and to wait or close app. so i switched to firefox and its neat that you can use extensions ublock origins ftw.

anyways i am having a problem with firefox as well, if i leave it idled and my android goes in sleep mode and i turn it back on firefox is completely frozen and sometimes using the menu button to go back to the desktop lags or other times becomes unresponsive.

i was wondering how i can fix this i was wondering if it has anything to do with malwarebytes.(which i probably dont need.) but reason i said that is because malwarebytes has given that message chrome was giving about not responding.

also one last thing spotify doesnt play at all on the web browser on firefox but works on other browsers.

EDIT: oh and have been clearing cache and cookies, and deleting unneccesary apps, have plenty of space left on it.

Don't use malwarebytes or antivirus crap on android. It's pointless.

Next time get a chromebook instead of an android tablet. I got an HP X2 recently. Chromebooks now run android apps natively, and the X2's keyboard comes completely off rather than the fold behind nonsense.

Chromebooks run full desktop browser so you can use all extensions.

Anyways, how long has it been since you rebooted?

RJP_X
3 weeks ago#14
jedinat posted...
RJP_X posted...

Don't use malwarebytes or antivirus crap on android. It's pointless.

Next time get a chromebook instead of an android tablet. I got an HP X2 recently. Chromebooks now run android apps natively, and the X2's keyboard comes completely off rather than the fold behind nonsense.

Chromebooks run full desktop browser so you can use all extensions.

Anyways, how long has it been since you rebooted?

@jedinat

i restart whenever there's issues, yeah firefox has some problems on this. i just removed it earlier, i have read from recent updates that people are having a lot of the same issues i am having with firefox. half the time the home page wont work either it just wont open bookmarks or go to anything i type in. amongst those other issues i mentioned.

i have been using the Brave browser not sure if its any good, but spotify works on the web browser on it. but for nearly every page it says "this page uses too much memory so Brave removed some content." then i have to click it to show the whole page before i can do anything on it. not sure what to do about that, or try yet another browser.

jedinat
3 weeks ago#15
What tablet are you using? I don't have any such issues in the oldish android tablet I've got. If it's got like 1GB of RAM that's your problem.

You should be using the spotify app, not the browser version.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

RJP_X
3 weeks ago#16
jedinat posted...
What tablet are you using? I don't have any such issues in the oldish android tablet I've got. If it's got like 1GB of RAM that's your problem.

its an RCA voyager, i got it for christmas its my first tablet. i believe it was $40 something and came with an attachable keyboard. it was from walmart.

i prefer using the web version because with ad block most ads get blocked. although they still play every now and then on a ad blocking browser like Brave. if i was on a computer and used ublock origin i would never get ads at all.

RJP_X
3 weeks ago#17
https://www.walmart.com/search/?cat_id=0&query=rca+voyager

this is the one i dont see anything about RAM in the details.

jedinat
3 weeks ago#18
RJP_X posted...
jedinat posted...

its an RCA voyager, i got it for christmas its my first tablet. i believe it was $40 something and came with an attachable keyboard. it was from walmart.

i prefer using the web version because with ad block most ads get blocked. although they still play every now and then on a ad blocking browser like Brave. if i was on a computer and used ublock origin i would never get ads at all.

There's modified versions of the app without ads. Or you could, like, subscribe. Anyways.

That's possibly the worst "recent" tablet on the planet. 1GB RAM wasn't enough 5 years ago. Android needs 2GB RAM to run decently bare minimum. 3 or 4GB to run well.

I wouldn't even use that for an alarm clock.

edit: you ninja'd me. Yes it has 1GB ram. Not to mention a crappy processor and poor battery life.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. does a tablet need any kind of protection?