You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. Automatically save screenshots

User Info: George Trevor

George Trevor
1 month ago#1
I updated to android 9 on my moto g6 plus, but now everytime i take a screenshot i have to tap 'save' in the top right corner to actually save the picture and it's annoying.

It saved automatically before the update.

How can i make it save automatically again?
A communication error has occurred.

George Trevor
4 weeks ago#2
I can't believe how dead this board is...

User Info: Ackel13XIII

Ackel13XIII
4 weeks ago#3
I can't help you, but yes gamefaqs isn't what it used to be almost 20 years ago. You have too many other forums nowadays.
"In life, the road to darkness is a journey, not a light switch. - Lex Luthor

User Info: Lee7

Lee7
4 weeks ago#4
all my phones has always been saving screenshots automatically so this is motorals thing.
-Sense, this makes none-
-AMD Duron 650 @ 400 MHz / NVIDIA TITAN Xp / 2TB ram / 8MB HDD / Windows ME/ Some random PSU / Sony FW-900 24" CRT monitor-

User Info: lvalice

lvalice
3 weeks ago#5
Lee7 posted...
all my phones has always been saving screenshots automatically so this is motorals thing.

Android 9 has been taking the Apple approach by adding more clicks and taps to do tasks that used to be more streamlined.

Like screenshots just took, now they're asking you if you want to save or not...

Or the drop down menu for volume used to drop down, now it completely leaves the app youre in and opens settings and from there you can adjust further volume settings
3DS FC: 3609.1630.6263 - Ivalice
The mods here are useless trolls, get used to it.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

George Trevor
3 weeks ago#6
Well... that sucks...

User Info: Lee7

Lee7
3 weeks ago#7
lvalice posted...
Lee7 posted...

Android 9 has been taking the Apple approach by adding more clicks and taps to do tasks that used to be more streamlined.

Like screenshots just took, now they're asking you if you want to save or not...

Or the drop down menu for volume used to drop down, now it completely leaves the app youre in and opens settings and from there you can adjust further volume settings

My phone, xperia xz1 compact has pie and still saves screenshots automatically. Volume control controls media by default, and has button to change between normal - vibrate - DND, and option button which takes you to sound settings. Personally I never saw point of volume buttons changing ringtone by default(I have it always on at same level, or in DND mode) so I like how PIE defaults to media.
-Sense, this makes none-
-AMD Duron 650 @ 400 MHz / NVIDIA TITAN Xp / 2TB ram / 8MB HDD / Windows ME/ Some random PSU / Sony FW-900 24" CRT monitor-
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. Automatically save screenshots