You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. I think I accidentally became a Xiaomi fan and I hate myself

User Info: lvalice

lvalice
1 month ago#11
cougre posted...
So you got a Chinese phone made in China, rather than a US, Japanese, or Korean phone made in China.

Don't think it matters anymore unless your one of those conspiracy theorist that are convinced that the Chinese gov't can spy on you through the backdoors they built into their devices.

It does matter to a certain extent. Chinese brands made in China are typically known to cut several corners in manufacturing to save every dollar compared to non Chinese brands with manufacturing from China. It's just an expectation of the country of origin.

However a small number of Chinese brands are the exception, I'd expect most of the world to look down on brands they might not have heard of.

But regarding the backdoor thing, I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist but I 100% no doubt that all companies have some way of logging and snooping on some if not all of your data
3DS FC: 3609.1630.6263 - Ivalice
The mods here are useless trolls, get used to it.

lvalice
1 month ago#12
LazyBro posted...
Why hate yourself?

Maybe I feel like I'm cheating on OnePlus, or maybe don't like feeling like a fanboy or a hipster, something.

lvalice
1 month ago#13
Violet_Blooded posted...
I'm on the same boat, bought Max 2 for dual sim and gaming.. now i have Max 3 and Stratos smartwatch and considering a TV and a tablet <_<

TV I picked up at Walmart for $60, surprised to see one there. And the mi pad is pretty damn good for the price. Similar options at the same price are Samsung, Lenovo, and asus, Amazon, and for under $200, their offerings are s***

lvalice
1 month ago#14
strat10 posted...
Yeah I didn't really looked into it. lol I remember someone mention how they got F1 so cheap with that SoC specs.

I google it to see where this info came from.

I found out that the users from India experience this. It probably spread around to other forums but doesn't realize it's only India owners experience this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/9ik0xe/do_you_see_ads_on_pocophone_f1/

I'm sure the earliest adopters had the original/Chinese rom on the phone which has no Google services and relies entirely on 3rd party Chinese app stores, which are in a very Chinese ecosystem, invasive ads and all, but there are international certain that come in English with Google play services, those experiences are more familiar to general Android.

However without going into too much detail, Miui tries to do way too much and in more steps you'd expect to do it. It even has a built in smart cleaner clone that act as an app killer and cache cleaner which both goes against the point of cache and Android's ram management.

But I'm a gamer 1st Snapdragon 845 for $300 is what I wanted and pocophone delivers, now I just need a new rom but because I have amd, it's a pain in my ass (apparently amd machines have difficulty using abd)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: strat10

strat10
1 month ago#15
You will be surprise that I never experience MIUI. The Black Shark is my first Xiaomi phone but they don't use MIUI. It's very close to AOSP. But I heard Chinese version uses the JOY UI which is better.
Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered

User Info: Ackel13XIII

Ackel13XIII
4 weeks ago#16
I'm looking at the mi max 3, it's going for $260.

Is there any other xiaomi phones that are between $250 to 300? I want to get a mid tier phone. The mi max 3 is massive, almost 7 in, and that would be good for my mom or dad's vision.
"In life, the road to darkness is a journey, not a light switch. - Lex Luthor

lvalice
4 weeks ago#17
Ackel13XIII posted...
I'm looking at the mi max 3, it's going for $260.

Is there any other xiaomi phones that are between $250 to 300? I want to get a mid tier phone. The mi max 3 is massive, almost 7 in, and that would be good for my mom or dad's vision.

Xiaomi Pocophone is famous for being $300 and getting Snapdragon 845, 6.2 inch screen, 6GB ram, 128GB storage, 4000 Mah battery, Sony 12Mp camera.

Hardware performance to price ratio, it's virtually unrivaled. That doesn't mean that it doesn't come with its own issues, but for a gamer on a budget, you can't really do better until you venture into the $450+ category.

User Info: strat10

strat10
4 weeks ago#18
Since there are phones with the SD855 the phones with SD845 are being bump into $300 range.

Xiaomi Black Shark 8GB/128GB version is actually $300. F1 might be around $270 on ebay.

Note: The screen is much smaller and there is 3.5mm jack. There is two version of Black Shark. CN version and the Global version. Global version doesn't use MIUI or Joy UI. Not many gamers aren't happy with it.

https://help.blackshark.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360020473674-Black-Shark-ROM
https://i.imgtc.com/l67Esf2.png
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
4 weeks ago#19
On my Note 9 when I unlocked my phone one time with facial recognition, it once showed for a moment "transferring file" and the phone took a little longer to unlock than usual.

I think we should be weary of any brand of device that can record everything about you connected to the net 24/7.
GT:Kahlilx77 PSN:CBE_Rookie
Currently extremely hyped for Anthem(Day 1 buy) and everything from the Nintendo Direct(except Mario titles).

lvalice
4 weeks ago#20
strat10 posted...
Since there are phones with the SD855 the phones with SD845 are being bump into $300 range.

Xiaomi Black Shark 8GB/128GB version is actually $300. F1 might be around $270 on ebay.

Note: The screen is much smaller and there is 3.5mm jack. There is two version of Black Shark. CN version and the Global version. Global version doesn't use MIUI or Joy UI. Not many gamers aren't happy with it.

https://help.blackshark.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360020473674-Black-Shark-ROM

Good thing roms are optional
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. I think I accidentally became a Xiaomi fan and I hate myself