You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. I think I accidentally became a Xiaomi fan and I hate myself

User Info: lvalice

lvalice
1 month ago#1
My first experience with Xiaomi was a USB light. It was $2 on gearbest and it was good.

Now I have a Xiaomi TV box, a Xiaomi phone, and a Xiaomi tablet.

Got questions about this brand or the devices?
3DS FC: 3609.1630.6263 - Ivalice
The mods here are useless trolls, get used to it.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Ackel13XIII

Ackel13XIII
1 month ago#2
How is the phone? What is this I hear about it has ads on the phone? I want to buy one for my parents.
"In life, the road to darkness is a journey, not a light switch. - Lex Luthor

User Info: strat10

strat10
1 month ago#3
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is really good for the price.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 might be the one you're talking about with ads. It has the same spec as Mix 2S and is the cheapest. That might be reason why it's cheap.

I'm using the Xiaomi Black Shark as gaming device since I already have a main phone but has the cleanest ROM. Not many things added extra to it like my older phones (Asus Zenfone 3 and Huawei). It's close to stock Android like other people said (I'm very surprise with it because I'm used to seeing extra apps added to it). Again same specs as Mix 2S.
Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered
(edited 1 month ago)

lvalice
1 month ago#4
Ackel13XIII posted...
How is the phone? What is this I hear about it has ads on the phone? I want to buy one for my parents.

Im sure there might be ads in Mi apps I don't use, but I don't use them. So they have the same amount of ads as normal apps and games as any on the play store.

If anything, ads cause Asphalt 9 to crash to an annoying degree. I'm desperately trying to install twrp so I can flash my own rom, but it's been practically impossible to get adb to read the device in fastboot mode, both for my Pocophone & Mi pad 4

lvalice
1 month ago#5
strat10 posted...
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S is really good for the price.
Xiaomi Pocophone F1 might be the one you're talking about with ads. It has the same spec as Mix 2S and is the cheapest. That might be reason why it's cheap.

I'm using the Xiaomi Black Shark as gaming device since I already have a main phone but has the cleanest ROM. Not many things added extra to it like my older phones (Asus Zenfone 3 and Huawei). It's close to stock Android like other people said (I'm very surprise with it because I'm used to seeing extra apps added to it). Again same specs as Mix 2S.
I have the Poco but what's this ads thing everyone is mentioning?

I'm honestly not seeing anything any different than with my OnePlus

User Info: strat10

strat10
1 month ago#6
Yeah I didn't really looked into it. lol I remember someone mention how they got F1 so cheap with that SoC specs.

I google it to see where this info came from.

I found out that the users from India experience this. It probably spread around to other forums but doesn't realize it's only India owners experience this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/9ik0xe/do_you_see_ads_on_pocophone_f1/
Bulls make money, bears make money, pigs get slaughtered

User Info: Master_Happosai

Master_Happosai
1 month ago#7
I had one of their fitbit knock offs. The tracker fell out of my wrist band one day. Then i bought a fitbit.

User Info: LazyBro

LazyBro
1 month ago#8
Why hate yourself?
~Son of a submariner~

User Info: cougre

cougre
1 month ago#9
So you got a Chinese phone made in China, rather than a US, Japanese, or Korean phone made in China.

Don't think it matters anymore unless your one of those conspiracy theorist that are convinced that the Chinese gov't can spy on you through the backdoors they built into their devices.
To get the right word in the right place is a rare achievement. - Mark Twain, 1868

User Info: Violet_Blooded

Violet_Blooded
1 month ago#10
I'm on the same boat, bought Max 2 for dual sim and gaming.. now i have Max 3 and Stratos smartwatch and considering a TV and a tablet <_<
http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu245/vivix_00/VioBsig.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. I think I accidentally became a Xiaomi fan and I hate myself