You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. Why did you go with Android?

User Info: InuboyNetwork

InuboyNetwork
1 month ago#1
Let me tell my story. My first smartphone was the iPhone. After that I was a Windows Phone user for a couple years. When that WP started failing I realized I needed a new phone so my mom got me a dollar store smartphone for at least until I could get a newer phone. I loved the UI even though the phone was crappy and the selection of apps was incredible compared to Windows Phone. When I got some money and realized i could get a phone i nearly got an iPhone but I decided to get a Galaxy S7 and eventually I upgraded to the Note9. I just loved the selection of apps and support for Google and MS services I use everyday.
Watch as I surpass my own origin!!!

User Info: Shinigami2784

Shinigami2784
1 month ago#2
Life long hatred of Apple, so no iPhone for me. Windows Phones are a joke. Android wins by default. I do wish a fourth party would come along with a better phone OS, one that isn't so trend happy that they constantly change the UI for no damn reason.
It's a trick, get an axe.

User Info: skyMcWeeds

skyMcWeeds
1 month ago#3
I wanted a phone to feel like I own it and not being forced by an OEM to use this default app and that and so on. I wanted the changes to reflect how I want the phone to be.
"Man does not live on bread alone"
Since there's always CAKE!
Are you still unable to set default apps on iOS?

Anyway, I feel the hardware on Android devices tend to be more progressive and I'm a fan of true split-screen multitasking.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius

User Info: PakoPako

PakoPako
1 month ago#5
Root

User Info: kaminarikid

kaminarikid
1 month ago#6
To put it simply, I want freedom and versatility in my mobile device. You aren't going to get that from an iPhone. Not to a degree that I would consider acceptable, anyway.
"There are two things in this world that will never lie to you: cats and facts."
-Tyson Kidd

User Info: aki_sora

aki_sora
1 month ago#7
Because Sony that all .
this is GFAQs and stating an opinion is a declaration of WAR!
Own PS3 & PS VITA

User Info: Umitencho

Umitencho
1 month ago#8
Cheaper and not locked to iTunes.
3DS FC: 4399-0076-4217

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
1 month ago#9
kaminarikid posted...
To put it simply, I want freedom and versatility in my mobile device. You aren't going to get that from an iPhone. Not to a degree that I would consider acceptable, anyway.
GT:Kahlilx77 PSN:CBE_Rookie
Currently extremely hyped for Anthem(Day 1 buy) and everything from the Nintendo Direct(except Mario titles).

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
1 month ago#10
Eh... I've actually been split between iPhone (XS Max) and Android (bouncing between Oppo Find X and Motorola Z3) all since they announced the official death of Windows Phone.

Started with iPhone, went to droid... then unexpectedly found love in WP. The marriage between Zeiss and the Lumia Camera app was heavenly, loved getting XBL achievements on my phone that counted towards what I have on X360/X1, I had no problem finding enough of my necessary apps to make do, loved the simple and effective implementation of Storage Sense giving me the move to SD that's been so terribly spotty on droid, I went through a long string of WPs without finding one with bad battery life... and that Lumia 950XL still makes me feel things... but where quite a dedicated little cult of people were willing to deal with the app gap, being abused from a first party standpoint was enough to drive me away. When it boiled down to Ring wanting to continue supporting WP and Microsoft denying them, that's when I had to go.
After a decade, Nintendo has won me back!
Switch FC: SW-2455-7995-2494
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. Why did you go with Android?