You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. S10, S10+, or S10e

User Info: lvalice

lvalice
1 month ago#31
SkittyOnWailord posted...
Sadly I was pretty disappointed with the S10+. It only has a QHD+ screen, and still has a camera notch (though obviously far smaller). The rest of the specs are really good, but I mostly use my phone for watching videos/movies, so the S10+'s screen having 37% less ppi than my current Sony phone isn't worth it.

I guess I'll hope their next phone is better. I miss using Samsung phones.

What do you mean by "only" has a Qhd screen, are there 8k screens on other phones now?

I was under the impression that Samsung displays on their flagships were the best you could get and easily viewable in sunlight

How much better do you need the display to be on a mobile device
3DS FC: 3609.1630.6263 - Ivalice
The mods here are useless trolls, get used to it.
(edited 1 month ago)
DisplayMate just rated the S10 screen as the best ever, so you can just ignore whatever it is he said.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius
(message deleted)
lvalice posted...
SkittyOnWailord posted...
Sadly I was pretty disappointed with the S10+. It only has a QHD+ screen, and still has a camera notch (though obviously far smaller). The rest of the specs are really good, but I mostly use my phone for watching videos/movies, so the S10+'s screen having 37% less ppi than my current Sony phone isn't worth it.

I guess I'll hope their next phone is better. I miss using Samsung phones.

What do you mean by "only" has a Qhd screen, are there 8k screens on other phones now?

I was under the impression that Samsung displays on their flagships were the best you could get and easily viewable in sunlight

How much better do you need the display to be on a mobile device

Because you don't seem to want to just Google it, QHD+ is 3200 × 1800. 4K (like my current Sony phone (XZ2 Premium), and even my last Sony phone before that) are 4K, which is 3840 × 2160. As I said, a different of 37%, which is enough to be obvious on a phone if you have good eyesight.

The S10+ has an OLED screen, which has the best blacks. But it doesn't have the best resolution. Some people prefer deep colors, while others prefer a crisper and clearer picture.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku posted...
DisplayMate just rated the S10 screen as the best ever, so you can just ignore whatever it is he said.

That's because DisplayMate hasn't reviewed, or even looked at Sony phones since 2013. While every other site that's reviewed the XZ2 Premium have given its screen top scores.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra|HAF 932|Sony 55inch 4K HDR
(edited 1 month ago)
That's because DisplayMate hasn't reviewed, or even looked at Sony phones since 2013

So? That's Sony's problem.

There's more to screen quality than just resolution. You're probably about the only person on the planet complaining about the S10's display.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius
(edited 1 month ago)
Super Saiyan 3 Goku posted...
That's because DisplayMate hasn't reviewed, or even looked at Sony phones since 2013

So? That's Sony's problem.

There's more to screen quality than just resolution. You're probably about the only person on the planet complaining about the S10's display.

You know, I completely forgot that Sony has a newer phone, the Xperia 1, since I'm not getting it because I personally don't like phones that aren't 16:9. So let's go with that one for comparison.

Anyway, I'm not the only one saying the S10+'s display isn't as good as Sony's.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/android-smartphones/galaxy-s10-vs-xperia-1-3692866/

It can’t match the uninterrupted splendour of the Xperia 1 though

https://www.stuff.tv/features/samsung-galaxy-s10-vs-sony-xperia-1-weigh-in

But this time around, it's an all-new battle. The Galaxy S10 looks super appealing, with a new finish and plenty of fresh tech within, but we're also very enticed by the extra-tall Xperia 1 with that dazzling screen.

https://www.mobilescout.com/samsung/news/n111570/sony-xperia-1-vs-samsung-galaxy-s10-plus.html

The Galaxy S10 Plus is a superior phone in the design, hardware, software and cameras department. The Xperia 1 comes with a better display, solid cameras, latest hardware, and cheaper pricing as opposed to its competitor.

I could go on, but it's pretty obvious that Sony still has a better display. Though Samsung has the edge on pretty much everything else on the phone.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra|HAF 932|Sony 55inch 4K HDR

User Info: Ackel13XIII

Ackel13XIII
1 month ago#37
My wife is getting the S10+, from the standard S8. We went to AT&T so she can have hands on with the device, and she ended liking the S10+. So next payday she will payoff her remaining balance, and I'll buy the unlocked phone for her.

I have the S8+, and will hopefully get the Galaxy Fold. I was pushing her for the Fold, but I don't think it will have better cameras on it nor water resistant. But I will be the early adaptor of the foldable phone. I'm not fond of the small front screen, but when it's opened up, it looks nice.
"In life, the road to darkness is a journey, not a light switch. - Lex Luthor

User Info: SearchmanV16

SearchmanV16
1 month ago#38
I got the S10e, but I am thinking about returning it and waiting for the S10 to drop in price. The FP sensor on the S10e is awful and I like the in display one so much more.
Current Devices: Xbox One, Switch, 3DS and PS4.

User Info: drivenby

drivenby
1 month ago#39
SearchmanV16 posted...
I got the S10e, but I am thinking about returning it and waiting for the S10 to drop in price. The FP sensor on the S10e is awful and I like the in display one so much more.

What's wrong with it
Posted with GameRaven 3.5.1

User Info: Z3ROINFINITY

Z3ROINFINITY
1 month ago#40
drivenby posted...
SearchmanV16 posted...

What's wrong with it

I haven't had a problem with it. Works everytime. The only thing is, is getting used to it being on the side now instead of the back.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. S10, S10+, or S10e