You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. S10, S10+, or S10e

User Info: cougre

cougre
1 month ago#21
I think I'm going to pass on Samsung this time. Going up against Apple has gone to their head. I'm not paying that much for a phone.
To get the right word in the right place is a rare achievement. - Mark Twain, 1868

User Info: budlight_07

budlight_07
1 month ago#22
Got an unlocked s10+ with galaxy buds on preorder. Trading in my s7 gave me 150 off. With the price trend now im not buying another phone until prices start to trend down. Im keeping the phone for 3 years at least so the investment up front of a 1000 is not bad since im bot tied to a carrier and can find the best rate possible without having to worry about financing a device.
PSN: fullythoed
Dallas Cowboys 2018: Fire Jason Garrett [unless he hoists Lombardi#6 on 2-3-2019], Dallas Mavericks 2010-2011 World Champs

User Info: drivenby

drivenby
1 month ago#23
Lasagnacat posted...
Razer Phone 3 (if it doesn't get cancelled because Razer fired a lot of people recently)

Almost assuredly not happening
Posted with GameRaven 3.5.1

User Info: cleat76

cleat76
1 month ago#24
ForteEXE3850 posted...
I feel like all the positives about the phone are ruined by the giant hole punch.

I've never had a notch phone, so correct me here if I'm wrong, but if the 16:9 aspect ratio includes the notch/hole punch, then you're essentially getting a compromised screen with the "benefit" of the phone being slightly less long.

If the notch/hole punch was in an area outside of the 16:9 aspect ratio and represents extra, optional space, than I'd be okay with it. By that I mean when you watch a 16:9 aspect ratio video the top and bottom of the video still reach the top and bottom of the screen, and the video would have to "zoom in" to actually cover the notch/hole punch area.

Most of the notch phones advertised an 18:9 ratio and if you turned the notch off you still got the 16:9 experience.
http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/4-28-2014/zO9vqR.gif

User Info: Z3ROINFINITY

Z3ROINFINITY
1 month ago#25
Ended up getting the S10e 128GB, wanted the 256GB but Best Buy was completely out and had one Black 128GB left so i had to get it.

It's a gorgeous phone, loving the non curved screen and smaller phone! Traded in my S9 towards it
Makes no sense to get anything higher than the standard 128GB since you can always add storage with an SD card whenever you want.
When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps. - Confucius

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
1 month ago#27
Super Saiyan 3 Goku posted...
Makes no sense to get anything higher than the standard 128GB since you can always add storage with an SD card whenever you want.

It depends on use case.

I actually opt for 256GB or higher editions of a given phone these days simply because I keep a lot of heavy resource games on my phone. Like it not, no dev mode trick is getting that game’s OBB/DATA/etc to the SD card without Link2SD (which is a b**** to maintain) or Adaptive Storage(which we haven’t seen as a feature in Samsung phones for a very long time).
After a decade, Nintendo has won me back!
Switch FC: SW-2455-7995-2494

User Info: Z3ROINFINITY

Z3ROINFINITY
1 month ago#28
Super Saiyan 3 Goku posted...

Actually it does with this one, Theres 8GB Ram in the 256GB instead of 6GB Ram in the 128GB!
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: SSJ3Goku222

SSJ3Goku222
1 month ago#29
None just got the s9 not to long ago so not worth upgrading at the moment
The Big Ghetto Star ain't nobodies fool.
X-Box Live GT: YoungReezy1337

User Info: PLUTO44

PLUTO44
1 month ago#30
Not impressed they followed the wireless buds way.

Gonna just get a S9+
Always check to see if your ice cream is poisoned before consuming. And if it is, your parents obviously don't love you. - David A.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. S10, S10+, or S10e