You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. Samsung S10 and S10+ pics leaked

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
2 months ago#11
By definition of the word, a hole for just the camera is still a notch. IMO they should just go back to top and bottom bezels.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra|HAF 932|Sony 55inch 4K HDR

User Info: Darkneo20

Darkneo20
2 months ago#12
no bezels are ugly i love my full screen iphone XR
Core i5 6600k 16gigs Gskill Ripjaws 3000 ASUS GTX 1060 Turbo 6gig Asrock Fatality Z170 MB 240gig sandisc SSD WD Blue 2TB HDD XFX Modular 750watt

User Info: SkyLey

SkyLey
2 months ago#13
Darkneo20 posted...

It has a notch so no truly full screen actually

User Info: SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord
2 months ago#14
Darkneo20 posted...

You think phones with no bezels are ugly? I wouldn't call all phones without bezels ugly, just if they have a notch.
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
i7 5820K|Rampage V Extreme|32GB DDR4 Ripjaws 4|EVGA 2080 Ti XC Ultra|HAF 932|Sony 55inch 4K HDR

User Info: oomomow

oomomow
2 months ago#15
Out of every solution for this maximum screen to body ratio, I actually like this one the most. Overall though... Samsung's (ESPECIALLY the Note 9) has the perfect amount of bezel, and screen. It really is perfect, and I'm so disappointed they're drifting away from it.
Username is "oomomow" literally everywhere, so hit me up. Avid player of Splatoon 2 and Hyrule Warriors.

User Info: Zurriah

Zurriah
2 months ago#16
I don't know why everyone is so upset about the hole punch. Was there this much fuss when notches became a thing? I'm only just now getting back into all this tech stuff after kind of tuning out for 5 years and using hand me down phones from family members. I think it looks pretty good myself and like the notch you stop noticing it after a while. Or at least, the single punch. I'd get the S10 before I got the S10+ because 6.2 inches of screen is plenty and the single camera punch is much better than the double. I don't take that many pictures or do much with them anyway.

Unrelated question as I struggle to catch up with what's been going on in the smartphone world for the past half a decade: Why do other phone manufacturers not curve the edges of their displays like Samsung has been doing? Is it not a feature that people enjoy? I have a family member that has a Galaxy S7 Edge and I really like the way the screen curves around the sides. It looks good, feels good, and doesn't hurt the viewing experience any that I've seen. Do people hate it or is it just technology a lot of other phone makers can't replicate easily?

User Info: Lasagnacat

Lasagnacat
2 months ago#17
I just bought a Razer 2 and the bezels don't bother me at all. Before this one I had an iPhone 5S wich also got big bezels. Perhaps a personal taste. The notch however is distracting.

User Info: ArabianPenguins

ArabianPenguins
2 months ago#18
SkyLey posted...
https://9to5google.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2019/01/Galaxy_S10_Live_Image_6-1.jpg?quality=82&strip=all

that hole in the display for the camera is AWFUL

Rumours no more. It’s official.
Taylor Swift is my soul mate <3.
3DS Friend Code: 0619-3434-9146, Pokemon Moon In-Game Name: Aria http://tinyurl.com/o666wlb

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
2 months ago#19
Zurriah posted...
I don't know why everyone is so upset about the hole punch. Was there this much fuss when notches became a thing? I'm only just now getting back into all this tech stuff after kind of tuning out for 5 years and using hand me down phones from family members. I think it looks pretty good myself and like the notch you stop noticing it after a while. Or at least, the single punch. I'd get the S10 before I got the S10+ because 6.2 inches of screen is plenty and the single camera punch is much better than the double. I don't take that many pictures or do much with them anyway.

Unrelated question as I struggle to catch up with what's been going on in the smartphone world for the past half a decade: Why do other phone manufacturers not curve the edges of their displays like Samsung has been doing? Is it not a feature that people enjoy? I have a family member that has a Galaxy S7 Edge and I really like the way the screen curves around the sides. It looks good, feels good, and doesn't hurt the viewing experience any that I've seen. Do people hate it or is it just technology a lot of other phone makers can't replicate easily?

Samsung made fun of Apple's notches in their commercials. Now theu have a notch themselves. F***ing hypocrites.

Anyway, notches are awful design. And this newer type of notch is still awful. It's just terrible for watching media.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: SkyLey

SkyLey
2 months ago#20
nonexistinghero posted...
Zurriah posted...

Samsung made fun of Apple's notches in their commercials. Now theu have a notch themselves. F***ing hypocrites.

Anyway, notches are awful design. And this newer type of notch is still awful. It's just terrible for watching media.

This hole thing is actually a lot worse than a notch
  1. Boards
  2. Android
  3. Samsung S10 and S10+ pics leaked