• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Lair
  3. I'm stuck at the end fight. SPOILERS

User Info: JubalLionEarly

JubalLionEarly
9 years ago#1
SPOILER

I'm stuck at the battle with Singe the dragon. It's very difficult to tell which button to press. Hide behind a pillar twice. Hit left each time. Then what do you do when the dragon breathes fire? I've tried right and sword. Does anyone know for sure?
PSN & XBL gamer tag: darkestmagicks

User Info: Mookiethebold

Mookiethebold
9 years ago#2
After he smashes the second pillar Dirk will run forward and another pillar on the right will light up. Quickly press right when that happens.

Dirk will run across the screen from right to left. As soon as he sees the magic sword press up, then X to grab it. You can jam on X a couple times and it won't count against you. Just as Singe rears up to breathe fire press X again.

After Daphne claps press up, then press X one last time to finish off Singe (again, you can jam X a couple times to make sure you get it).
set the controls for the heart of the sun

Mookiethebold
9 years ago#3
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

Mookiethebold
9 years ago#4
edit: Bah! Let's try again.

That was for easy mode. I forgot that hard has a couple extra moves. I'll c/p and bold the extra moves for hard:

After he smashes the second pillar Dirk will run forward and another pillar on the right will light up. As soon as the scene shifts to Dirk running forward after the dragon breaks the second pillar, press up, then quickly press right when the pillar on the right lights up.

Dirk will run across the screen from right to left. As soon as he sees the magic sword press up, then X to grab it. You can jam on X a couple times and it won't count against you. Just as Singe rears up to breathe fire press X again.

After Daphne claps press up, then press X two more times to finish off Singe (again, you can jam X a couple times to make sure you get it).

Good luck!

User Info: kuros_overkill

kuros_overkill
9 years ago#5
Quote:

After he smashes the second pillar Dirk will run forward and another pillar on the right will light up. As soon as the scene shifts to Dirk running forward after the dragon breaks the second pillar, press up, then quickly press right when the pillar on the right lights up.

Dirk will run across the screen from right to left. As soon as he sees the magic sword press up, then X to grab it. [s]You can jam on X a couple times and it won't count against you. Just as Singe rears up to breathe fire press X again.[/s] and watch as smaug burns you alive as you grab the sword. Rinse and repeat

After Daphne claps press up, then press X two more times to <strikeout>finish off Singe (again, you can jam X a couple times to make sure you get it).</strikeout>

Good luck!

There, fixed it for you...

Sorry, don't mean to be an ass, but I've played this section 100 times tonight, and even with those instructions I just can't make it past.

Mookiethebold
9 years ago#6
Um, seriously. Just jam on X after you grab the sword to get the next move. That's what I used to do, till I learned the timing, and it never failed me. Sorry if it's not working for you. :/
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Lair
  3. I'm stuck at the end fight. SPOILERS
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A