• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: falchion1984

falchion1984
5 years ago#71
Dragon Knight Tonal posted...
Beat the game on all of the different routes and then come back to it. With the three all in their unique Hero Classes, they might stand a fair chance of victory. Even if all three started off with dragon magic they could probably wipe out everyone on the first turn.

That would be Lord Denam, Ranger Vyce, and Princess Catiua, I presume? Yeah, I'm working at it. I already have all three classes, and am training up Denam to try and max out his Anatomy skill, so that he can kill the templars before they get healed up. And, I'm training Vyce for the bow, building up his Bow skill and Augment Fire, for the Brimstone Bow.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." --George S. Patton
Heh. Imagine trying that sort of mission in the older versions. Those didn't have any Skills. You only got the magics, and with always starting each map at zero MP and getting, like, five per turn made boss battles a wee bit more difficult.

falchion1984
5 years ago#73
Heh. Imagine trying that sort of mission in the older versions. Those didn't have any Skills. You only got the magics, and with always starting each map at zero MP and getting, like, five per turn made boss battles a wee bit more difficult.

That mission is the quintessential rage-quit. I threw up my hands and just went with a full party. I didn't get the title, but I kept the save file that would let me try again if I figured out a way to win. Still, taking on 18 templars with just Denam, Catiua, and Vyce? It's nuts.
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." --George S. Patton
Yes, but having skills will certainly help. Like I said, try hit-all attacks like Dragon Magic or the Spell Egg items.

falchion1984
5 years ago#75
Yes, but having skills will certainly help. Like I said, try hit-all attacks like Dragon Magic or the Spell Egg items.

Spell Eggs? Are you sure you don't mean those elemental orbs you can buy after auctioning dragons?
I am not sure what they are called in the PSP version. They are just eggs that when used cast a MP-free hit-all Dragon Magic.

falchion1984
5 years ago#77
I am not sure what they are called in the PSP version. They are just eggs that when used cast a MP-free hit-all Dragon Magic.

What are they called in the version you played? The names might be close enough that I can make a guess.
They were named like Inferno, Void, things like that.

Did you equip your three-hero party with Snapdragons? Or snapshot. I am not sure what it is called now. Its a spell that converts the user permanently in to a weapon that has stat bonus equal to the converted characters?

I am not sure if you can anymore, but in the older versions if you level up a party member, and kill them, you could then resurrect them as Undead.with then Necro spell. After that,use Retissue (or whatever the spell is called now) to change the undead into a base class Level 1 but with the same stats they had at the high Level. Relevel them, then use the Snapdragon spell for an awesome weapon. See if those knights have a chance against your party now.

For added fun: dual wield. >:D

falchion1984
5 years ago#79
They were named like Inferno, Void, things like that.

Did you equip your three-hero party with Snapdragons? Or snapshot. I am not sure what it is called now. Its a spell that converts the user permanently in to a weapon that has stat bonus equal to the converted characters?

I am not sure if you can anymore, but in the older versions if you level up a party member, and kill them, you could then resurrect them as Undead.with then Necro spell. After that,use Retissue (or whatever the spell is called now) to change the undead into a base class Level 1 but with the same stats they had at the high Level. Relevel them, then use the Snapdragon spell for an awesome weapon. See if those knights have a chance against your party now.

For added fun: dual wield. >:D

Yeah, those are orbs. I'll have to look up the Snapdragons, however. Stocking up on orbs does sound like a viable tactics, however. Thanks.
Its worth looking in to. Snapdragons/Snapshots are nice. I usually get at least one per playthrough. Make one out of a character raised as a ninja or a fairy and the enemy will almost never be able to hit you.

Also of note, they can be any of the six elements depending on what the spell user's element was (with Holy coming from an Angel and Unholy from a Ghost). So you can pick one that is strong against certain opponents.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers