• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: falchion1984

falchion1984
5 years ago#41
Dragon Knight Tonal posted...
They should be included on the disc. And not paid-unlocks on the disc, either. (Ò_Ó)

Game Card, actually. But, you make a good point.There are extra characters you can unlock without spending extra money though, if you're interested.
Game Cards! Those let you get DLC from MMOs without needing a bank account. *nod-nod*

falchion1984
5 years ago#43
Game Cards! Those let you get DLC from MMOs without needing a bank account. *nod-nod*

Maybe I got my terminology mixed up? Well, the 3DS, like the DS, uses very small cartridges, They'd fit comfortably over the face of a watch. A google search said they are called Game Cards, but that term now seems kinda misleading. In case it's of interest to you, certain "Special Edition" 3DS units have certain games, digitally, built right in. Mine had Fire Emblem Awakening already installed, and is distinguishable because it's decorated in a Fire Emblem theme. Two for one.
I don't know if you got the term mixed up or not. I just know that there are other types of game cards that are essentially prepaid credit cards for MMOs and other online games.

Over a watch? Those ARE some tiny cards.. I remember the ones that came with the old Turbo Grafx.

Having the game built in might not be a good thing. If something happens to your system then you will lose you game, too.

falchion1984
5 years ago#45
I don't know if you got the term mixed up or not. I just know that there are other types of game cards that are essentially prepaid credit cards for MMOs and other online games.

Over a watch? Those ARE some tiny cards.. I remember the ones that came with the old Turbo Grafx.

Having the game built in might not be a good thing. If something happens to your system then you will lose you game, too.

Yeah, I had the same worry. When I bought the Fire Emblem 3DS, I was expecting the game to be bundled in, not built in. I asked if there was a way to copy data from a built in game onto a normal game card, as a back-up, but got no answer. There IS a device to back up 3DS games on your computer, though. Is that of interest?
Don't back it up on my computer. 'Cause that won't help you none. :P

I think that you should be able to register the system and the game at the online shop. Then if you register a new system under the same account, you ought to be able to download the game to the new system. Theoretically.

falchion1984
5 years ago#47
Don't back it up on my computer. 'Cause that won't help you none. :P

I think that you should be able to register the system and the game at the online shop. Then if you register a new system under the same account, you ought to be able to download the game to the new system. Theoretically.

Oh, I forgot about your computer. Sorry about that. Anyhow, yeah, that idea sounds good. Extended warranty, registration for news and updates (presumably), and data recovery/transfer all rolled into one. Given the market for downloaded games, I'm kinda surprised this hasn't been done yet, actually. Well, who knows? On a side note, I might switch back to MTF, or break out MAF, now that I've won LUCT.
Mm. Once you have finished the newer game, MAF has nothing for you. It is just one-half of the game that you already beat.

falchion1984
5 years ago#49
Mm. Once you have finished the newer game, MAF has nothing for you. It is just one-half of the game that you already beat.

Well, I already have the game, so I may as well not let it go to waste. I did decide, however, to go through the four CODA episodes first, however.
Or keep it all nice in the package and ebay it later. >:D
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers