• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Macross Triangle Frontier
  3. About Miss Macross 2059

User Info: falchion1984

falchion1984
5 years ago#11
Dragon Knight Tonal posted...
The PS3 is not region-locked, either. I played through it on my NA PS3. Well, twice. Some things are only available in the New Game+ like the YF-30 and Basara.

If you want to get the free DLC that comes with some of the packages, you need to make a Japanese PSN Account. You can find videos on how to do that on Youtube. It only takes, like, four minutes. Once you download it, you can switch back to your NA Account and still use the DLC.

Very interesting! Thanks much for the info, I'll take it under consideration. Right now, I'm working to clear the Academy Mode which, along with all the double-S scores I have, should unlock the last prize. On a semi-related note, does M30 share many features with the PSP Macrss games? Academy Mode, Nyan Nyan shop, Auto Skills, Command Skills, etc? Please let me know, and thanks again.
It is done by the same peopel. The game has three control schemes and while C-Type is generally used by everyone, A-Type is the set-up from MTF.

It does not have an Academy Mode. You are already a graduate. You are an SMS Pilot named Leon Sakaki from Saphira (a planet mentioned in other Macross media) who is on a delivery mission to the planet Ouroboros. He gets shot down.

Aisha Blanchette, the commander of the local branch of SMS could repair his fighter, but opts to dismantle it to get at the package he was delivering. So, you get stuck in an old VF-0. So, you travel around the world using Aisha's Northampton frigate as a base of operations. You go around the large maps, inside bases and caves, and ancient ruins. Fairly early on you find a girl named Mina Forte in cryosleep. She is hinted to be one of the Proculture race that survived their extinction.

Aisha is a mechanic by trade. So as you take out enemies, you collect the drops for parts. This lets you go in to a Build Menu, where you can spend your parts to construct various mecha.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/4/7/3/gfs_285025_2_4.jpg

The mecha can level-up like in the PSP games. You spend their tune points. They have set caps, though. You can go back to older continents to get Plans that can raise the cap by a degree. On New Game+ you can remove the caps entirely.

As you complete missions, Vanquish Races (which sadly are not actually races save for only a couple of times), Quests from the Hunter Guild ('cause they are totally down with Robotech :P) you get Exp and Level-Up. Your Stats go up based on your selection of four growth types (offense, defence, speed, balanced). You get your Auto Skills this way, too. You set the ones that you want active. Command Skills are only the Mecha Special Attacks and Support Abilities. You can have a party of six (three pilots, three support) who all gain the same amount of Exp.

Some characters may not be what you expect depending on when they were pulled from their own time. Like Myléne came from before she had her MAXL. She uses her mother's VF-1 with no music-based attacks (although her SPA in it ~is~ music-based and makes her invincible for the duration of the song).

The Hunter Guild and the SDF-8 Breetai also have shops that you can purchase from. Mostly items like Ammo ('cause its not unlimited save for the gunpod) and Heals (you will need them) but also Plans. Fast Packs come from high Race scores.

Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-pa3Hz3wHE

falchion1984
5 years ago#13
It is done by the same peopel. The game has three control schemes and while C-Type is generally used by everyone, A-Type is the set-up from MTF.

It does not have an Academy Mode. You are already a graduate. You are an SMS Pilot named Leon Sakaki from Saphira (a planet mentioned in other Macross media) who is on a delivery mission to the planet Ouroboros. He gets shot down.

Aisha Blanchette, the commander of the local branch of SMS could repair his fighter, but opts to dismantle it to get at the package he was delivering. So, you get stuck in an old VF-0. So, you travel around the world using Aisha's Northampton frigate as a base of operations. You go around the large maps, inside bases and caves, and ancient ruins. Fairly early on you find a girl named Mina Forte in cryosleep. She is hinted to be one of the Proculture race that survived their extinction.

Aisha is a mechanic by trade. So as you take out enemies, you collect the drops for parts. This lets you go in to a Build Menu, where you can spend your parts to construct various mecha.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/4/7/3/gfs_285025_2_4.jpg

The mecha can level-up like in the PSP games. You spend their tune points. They have set caps, though. You can go back to older continents to get Plans that can raise the cap by a degree. On New Game+ you can remove the caps entirely.

As you complete missions, Vanquish Races (which sadly are not actually races save for only a couple of times), Quests from the Hunter Guild ('cause they are totally down with Robotech :P) you get Exp and Level-Up. Your Stats go up based on your selection of four growth types (offense, defence, speed, balanced). You get your Auto Skills this way, too. You set the ones that you want active. Command Skills are only the Mecha Special Attacks and Support Abilities. You can have a party of six (three pilots, three support) who all gain the same amount of Exp.

Some characters may not be what you expect depending on when they were pulled from their own time. Like Myléne came from before she had her MAXL. She uses her mother's VF-1 with no music-based attacks (although her SPA in it ~is~ music-based and makes her invincible for the duration of the song).

The Hunter Guild and the SDF-8 Breetai also have shops that you can purchase from. Mostly items like Ammo ('cause its not unlimited save for the gunpod) and Heals (you will need them) but also Plans. Fast Packs come from high Race scores.

Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-pa3Hz3wHE

Wow. Just...wow. The only thing that could make these games better is if they had an English mode. Or English subtitles, I'm not particular on that desirable-but-unlikely prospect. On a sort-of related note, my first Macross game was VO, for the PC. Because all the subtitles were in Japanese, I couldn't tell when the SDF-1 was taking fire and calling for help. I can't help wonder if I'll suffer a similar difficulty with these guild quests. But, reportedly, drawing up subtitles for a game like that would take months of effort by a team of translators. How are you dealing with that problem? On a different note, being able to build a custom mech definitely caught my eye. One thing that immediately springs to mind is building a mech with more than one primary weapon. In the PSP games, my gunpod always seems to run dry at the most vexing times. And, limited missiles? That's a rare feature. Anyhow, it's getting late on my end, but thanks much. I'll have to see if there are any more Youtube videos about this game later on. Since you already have it, enjoy!
I am dealing with that problem but not drawing up subtitles. >:D

I didn't do the guide for M30. MWulf did. He put it up on Google Docs so that he could list the Japanese names for things and the English translations for them. It is here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6r3Sy1LnkpxSGJxOUR4VFVac0k/edit

Subtitles may be more likely now since they have re-released the Frontier films with official English subs in them.

Limited Missiles is not as mad as you think. Items full replenish its weapon (each of the three sub-weapon slots needs a different item). Enemies drop items or you can buy them cheaply from the store. The worst part is when fighting capital ships and running out of reaction missiles. Unlike the PSP games, they are dangerous. They can do one or two hit kills but they take a crap ton of damage.

You can't change the loadout of the mecha that you build. It is just like unlocking them in the PSP games. Armor packs will do it (in you can get them). You can always between gunpod and sniper rifle (both with infinite ammo) at will.

You can use the zoom feature to greatly increase the chance of critical hits. Or you can aim for the cockpit or creature's head to do it.

falchion1984
5 years ago#15
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6r3Sy1LnkpxSGJxOUR4VFVac0k/edit

So, it's not so much making new mecha as enhancing pre-existing ones? That's a bit of a letdown. Still, being able to switch between gunpods like that could come in handy. On the PSP games, did you ever get double-S scores on the Extra missions? I'm having trouble getting these four. There's the one where you fight a bunch of Zen units, one where you fight a bevy of Meltrans, another where you fight several SDF's in a row, and another with this carrier that looks like a flying mountain with eyes around the base. I can't seem to get more than an S score, but I can't figure out why. Please let me know if you have any ideas, and thanks for the help and the link.
You are creating new mecha, just not customizable ones. Like, you start off the VF-0D. You can build the VF-0A, VF-0S. Then you can make hero-types if you have base unit complete like VF-0S Fokker-type. Later you can come back and make VF-0s Fokker-type Double Stat Caps. Things like that.

The mountain thing is a Zentraedi command base, Gorg Bodolzaa class.

Yeah, i have beaten those with max ranks. For the aforementioned base and the Macross class mission:

Use two custom characters with Special Forces and Sniper auto skills as they do double damage to bases/capital ships and ignores shields respectively.

Ace Killer Auto-skill adds 50% to your attack power vs Hero and Starred Units. Attack power is now triple.

Have Ishtar for your Support Character to double your attack power (now x6 vs hero capital ships, x4 vs normal ones).

Use a VF-25F Alto-type with Armor Pack 2 (it doesn't actually say 2; its just the second armor pack from the last Frontier tv episode).

Attack the Macross classes at the waist, and the base in the eye bulges with the beam cannon sub-weapon. Depending on your character's stats you should kill them in 1-5 hits. 3 is average.

Lots of Meltrans... Well clusters of any enemy non-capitals are weak vs Sarah Nome.

Energy Enhancer auto-skill lets you start with 3 SP Bars. Useful, but not required.

Sense Of Rhythm if you have it and are using a Fire Bomber mecha will increase you attack power by another 20%. Also useful against Bosses and their SPAs are great against clusters.
  1. Boards
  2. Macross Triangle Frontier
  3. About Miss Macross 2059
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers