• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. SD Gundam G Generation World
  3. So, how do i start in SDG ?

User Info: Yokoso

Yokoso
6 years ago#1
This game is awesome, and i've passed the intro stage without really knowing what i'm doing, and then i jumped to original Gundam and killed Char. Is there a useful FAQ or guide that will tell me ALL about how these SDG games work ? WTF is groups, and why is there no exp, and how do i upgrade my units ? It's much, MUCH less intuitive than japan-only SRW games.

User Info: Miyasaki003c

Miyasaki003c
6 years ago#2
Groups are how you sortie units. Each group has 1 Master and up to 2 Teams which are assigned to 1 Warship. These Maste/Teams can only dock (to repair and refuel) on the assigned Warship.

At first I believe you can only sortie 1 Group (as you only have 1 WS anyway), but later on you will get another Master unit which will unlock the 2nd Group. You can have up to 4 groups, but you can never sortie more than 2.

As for experience, only the killing blow grants exp (divided into everyone that took place in it as in support attacks). GUEST units aren't part of your team and DO NOT get exp (as you don't keep em after the stage) This confused me the first time as I took Amuro as my first Master and the first stage has a GUEST Amuro which I thought was mine -_- lols

Both pilots and MS/MA get exp. Pilot levels grant stats and unlocks skills (that need to be purchased) while MS/MA levels grant stats and unlock possible upgrades (if you take a Zaku I to level2 you can turn it into a Zaku II). It also unlocks exchanges.

User Info: Yokoso

Yokoso
6 years ago#3
Yeah, and ? Is there a GUIDE ? What, you thought i asked for a GUIDE because i only had 4 questions ?

User Info: Miyasaki003c

Miyasaki003c
6 years ago#4
You thought I took the time to answer your questions because I didn't want to simply link you to a guide? No I don't know of any guides out there, sorry pal.

User Info: hakennanbu

hakennanbu
6 years ago#5
his answer pretty much explain the gameplay
now, all you need is evolution guide which can be found here

and, show some grattitude dude, he took his time to answer you question
Do NOT study when your parents are sleeping
just..dont

User Info: SpaceAssassin

SpaceAssassin
6 years ago#6
hakennanbu posted...