Does anyone else get mad when...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: RaydricLord

RaydricLord
6 years ago#1
...your opponent gets to go first? When you go first, you get to setup your cards like Normal Summoning Stratos without the fear of a Warning or putting down Royal Decree.

It's so annoying to me when I don't go first. I don't think I've ever met anybody who would let me go first after winning RPS on the Dueling Network and I wouldn't let anyone go first if I won RPS either.

User Info: dsky9000

dsky9000
6 years ago#2
Only if it's first turn Shi en it annoys me.
My Yugi-Oh WC 2011 FC Code 1034-2473-4999
Pokemon Black FC Code:2709-2745-6275

User Info: Shamack

Shamack
6 years ago#3
going first offers a 1 card default advantage during your turn (turn 1 = 6 - 5, turn 2 = 6 - 6, turn 3 = 7 - 6 and so on) and things rarely get negated (like Veiler)
going second is playing catch up but you get to attack on your first turn.

card advantage + set up is often better then attacking first
people won't often relinquish to you the first turn.
[CWaN] Clan without a name - z15.invisionfree.com/cwan
Give a man an answer and he'll be happy today. Teach him the search bar and he'll stop annoying us.

User Info: RaydricLord

RaydricLord
6 years ago#4
The Card Advantage is kind of a moot point though. Think about it if your opponent gets to draw first.

In example, they change the rules a bit and make it so the second player draws first.

1st turn: 5 vs 5
2nd turn: 5 vs 6
3rd turn: 6 vs 6

Yeah...that's why I edited it out.

User Info: xGRNxDECOY

xGRNxDECOY
6 years ago#5
RaydricLord posted... The Card Advantage is kind of a moot point though. Think about it if your opponent gets to draw first. In example, they change the rules a bit and make it so the second player draws first.
1st turn: 5 vs 6
2nd turn: 6 vs 6
3rd turn: 6 vs 7

Yeah...that's why I edited it out.
The weak do not deserve a rematch, but an open grave bearing their name.
Kitty this is America,we BOMB countries that drink tea.-Red

User Info: fyuber

fyuber
6 years ago#6
Well someone has to go first. We're not going to suddenly change it so that each player draws 2 cards per turn from the second turn onwards.

User Info: Shamack

Shamack
6 years ago#7
if the person going second was the first one allowed to draw, I would go second.
MTG got it right regarding advantages of First and Second in as setup is just as important as 1 turn default card advantage.

Yu-gi-oh is a faster game (especially nowadays) and so any form of card advantage takes precedence.

Card advantage + First attack >>>>>> 1 turn earlier setup.

my point of my first point is the first player always has a 1 card default advantage during their turn, whether it's their 1st turn or 15th.
Going second second offers 1 advantage, they can attack first. If the don't attack they lose that advantage, and a second turn attack means little when the duel is on it's 16th turn.

going first offers an advantage throughout the duel, going second offers an advantage for 1 turn, which the person who goes first can negate/destroy/banish.

As I said, people won't often let someone else go first in Yu-gi-oh
[CWaN] Clan without a name - z15.invisionfree.com/cwan
Give a man an answer and he'll be happy today. Teach him the search bar and he'll stop annoying us.

User Info: Blingya25

Blingya25
6 years ago#8
when you see a shiny pokemon on the first freakin' route and with no Pokeballs?!?!?!

HELL FRICKIN YEAH!!

My Shiny Sentret T.T
I remember that i had one, but when it came, two was there, then three was nowhere to be find with four, but five and six was like nine dude, and eight seven :\

User Info: donnydad

donnydad
6 years ago#9
First or not is an argument in yugioh that is as old as time. Let's look at both sides of the angle. if you go first you can set you the field without an interruption from your opponent, but you don't get to attack. If you and your opponent have a typical 40 card deck then you will be vulnerable to deck out. If you go second you can attack and force your opponent to use up his resources. A well placed MST or Giant Trunade can nullify the back row. Dark Hole and Lightning Vortex can get monsters off the field, which can set up an easy attack, quite possibly an OTK. There are a few cards that activate in your hand which could make all these points I made a moot point. The overall point I am trying to make is this is not really an issue. Some decks thrive on going first. Some decks thrive on going second. Its all about preference and I personally like going second cause I use dragons and some of my combos rely on going second.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived